Error Activating MarketPress

Hello,

When activating MarketPress in my Thesis-theme WordPress blog in version 3.4.1 hosted by Hostgator, I read this message:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 9 on line: 1471"

This is not my first download/activation, and I'm familiar with installations, etc., however, coding and SQL are not familiar for me. Do I need an expert to fix this problem?

Thank you,

Shirley

• aecnu

Greetings Shirley,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for this great question and bringing this significant issue to our attention.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this issue on my test production server and I do not host with Host Gator so it is certain that my servers configuration is different though this may not be relative to the issue, I do not know.

Therefore I will see if I can get our expert, the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings Shirley,

After seeing the advice our lead developer gave, I thought I would followup with a way to troubleshoot this issue out to see if we can perhaps find what is possibly causing the problem.

Now it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict here and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• SGF

Thank you, Aaron, and thank you, Joe, for your continued support.

I read your messages (the error message is upon activation and did not harm the actual blog), entered the blog, and now see that the plugin is activated (it was not activated earlier).

The Products tab and all sub tags are visible in the left column. I changed the settings under Products-Store Settings and will continue working with MarketPress to see if everything goes well.

What a strange occurrence, yet, it seems to have cleared itself.

I appreciate your assistance, Joe, and will return shortly to say my initial products are online or if I have another concern.

With sincerity,

Shirley

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.