Error after update and crashes website

Hi there,

I'm getting an error after updating to 1.8.0.2 and it crashes the dashboard.

The error fills up the screen with these lines:

Warning: preg_replace(): Unknown modifier '\' in .../public_html/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/site-wide-text-change.php on line 439

The only way to fix this is to delete the plugin via ftp or cpanel then uploading the previous version.

I thought sharing this error might help you guys find out what went wrong. I'm guessing a typo somewhere in the code?

Cheers,
Ronald

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Ronald,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I have notified the plugin developer about the issue to be fixed.

Yes it seems the small typo regarding closing double quote in the following Ultimate branding File on line number 167.

Ultimate branding File:
    /ultimate-branding/ultimate-branding-files/modules/site-wide-text-change.php

To resolve the issue try editing the code in the above file on line number 167 and 411 as following.

Before Editing 167:

<select  name='<?php echo "swtble[$key][admin_front]" ?>' ">

After Editing 167:

<select  name='<?php echo "swtble[$key][admin_front]"; ?>'>

Before Editing 411:

$toprocess =  (array) $tt['domain-' . $domain]['find'] . (array) $tt['domain-']['find'];

After Editing 411:

$toprocess =  (array) $tt['domain-' . $domain]['find'] + (array) $tt['domain-']['find'];

Alternatively just replaced the above file with the attached file site-wide-text-change.php

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

No worries, Vinod and thanks for the fast reply!

When it happened I saw there was a lot of people having issues with their sites. So I thought I shared the error code so you guys would be able to solve this faster and easier.

Cheers!
    Ronald

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi Vinod,

The solution you gave me did not work unfortunately.
    I updated the plugin via the dashboard and then replaced the file with the one you gave me.

Issue still exist. So I put the previous back again (as it is a live website).

Cheers

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your reply.

I also got the reply from another member stating it didn't work for him so i have troubleshooted more on his site and found that there is also another issue which needs to be resolved.

I have updated the solution provided previously to also include the fix of this issue and i hope it will resolve all of the warning messages caused by this update.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ben
      • The Reaper

@Vinod Dalvi @dutchmen

I updated to 1.8.0.3 and it destroyed the admin. The issue is coming from text-replace module in ultimate branding. Using ssh (can be done via ftp as well) I manually removed that module and everything else functions.

The current version that is live needs to be fixed asap and should be reverted back to 1.8.0.1 until this issue is resolved asap.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are still having the issue with the latest version of Ultimate Branding plugin.

I have tested it on my test site using latest version 1.8.0.3 of Ultimate Branding plugin but i couldn't reproduce the issue on my test that you are having. I have also tried activating all Ultimate Branding plugin modules.

Are you hosting your site on NGINX server or on WPENGINE?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and access its files using FTP? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just send log in info through our secured contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Choose "I have a different question"
    - Include my name in the subject "Vinod Dalvi"
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include login information (Wordpress admin info username + password )
    - Include FTP Details

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @dutchmen,

Thank you for sending me the site details.

The site admin details are working fine but the FTP credentials are not working and generating the following error message.

Response:	530 Login authentication failed
    Error:	Critical error
    Error:	Could not connect to server

Could you please make sure the FTP details that you have sent is correct or send the correct FTP details?

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @dutchmen,

Thank you for editing the FTP credentials to correct one.

The edited FTP credentials worked fine for me and i could confirm the issue on your site. I found that the issue appears when we try to change the URL like http://support.pixflow.net/ using Ultimate Branding Network Wide Text Change module.

I have resolved the issue on your site and attached to this reply fixed version of Network Wide Text Change module file.

Please check it and let us know how it works for you so that we can include this fix in the plugin.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.