ERROR: Cannot create snapshot folder. Check that the parent folder is writable

after restoring a site, i kept getting this error.

ERROR: Cannot create snapshot folder. Check that the parent folder is writable /home/user/public_html/wp-content/uploads/snapshotsERROR: Cannot create snapshot Log folder. Check that the parent folder is writeable /_backup

How to solve this?

• Aicee Taguilaso
    • WordPress Warrior

Hi Adam,

Hope you're having a great day!

Try changing the permission of your uploads directory to 755 through FTP. Just right click on the folder and select File Permissions (if you're using Filezilla) or something like Properties.

Change the Numeric Value to 755.

Let me know how this goes.
    Thanks! :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Aicee

• akayden
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hi ,

i tried that and it is not working. I noticed that the directory is incorrect. I migrate from GoDaddy to Amazon EC2. Here are the errors when i try to change permission or deleting the folder (after removing Snapshot plugin)

Adam

• akayden

hi Calvin,

I remove the Amazon EC2 server and re-create new. I am able to install and use snapshot. this also fix the permission issues. I am going to import my snapshot from GoDaddy and see if i will be able to replicate this. If yes, i will request you to have a look deeper into this issue. I'll update you shortly.

- Adam

• akayden

hi Calvin,

After restoring the snapshot, the permission on WP Amazon got messed up. I was able to reproduce this issue twice. Without a restore, the WP works fine.

I am going to allow access. Can you help me check why are my snapshot always aborted and how can i backup webpages only. I will manually add themes and plugins over in the new Amazon WP.

- Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.