Error "Cannot modify header information..." (cant get to admin)

This is for my other site invisibleillnessweek.com. I am currently unable to get into the admin panel.

I have been able to get onto the website from the front end, but all links gave me a database error. I put the repair code into my config file and obtained these results:

wp_comments: 23 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
wp_options: Table is marked as crashed
wp_postmeta: 24 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly
wp_commentmeta: 23 clients are using or haven't closed the table properly

now, when I try to go to invisibleillnessweek.com/wp-admin I receive the following information:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/restmin1/public_html/wp-config.php:82) in /home/restmin1/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

I can attach the file or give login ftp details via private message here. Since I cannot access the panel, I can't give WPMUDEV access (sorry!).

I looked at the pluggable.php file and it appears it is all one and the same issue. (what my WP error report says)

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lis,

Being locked out of admin is never fun :slight_frown: lets get ya back in there!

My first thought is that you have a plugin conflict, if you go in through FTP and re-name your plugins folder /wp-content/plugins that will soft deactivate all your plugins, see if you can access /wp-admin then.

If you can, then we know it's a plugin causing the issue, you can now create an empty "plugins" folder since the original is still re-named and start dragging your plugins into it. Once the issue comes back then we know it was the last plugin you brought in :slight_smile: of course, you will need to refresh the /wp-admin each time to check.

If you still get that issue with all plugins deactivated then can you send in your FTP and wp-admin? Then we can have a closer look.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. You can also try temporarily swapping to the default 2015 theme to ensure its not a theme conflict.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Lis,

Sorry for the delay here. Hope you had a good weekend!

The issue was some extra white space at the bottom of your wp-config.php file. There was 2 blank lines there, which is another possible cause of that warning. I removed them and it's all good now :slight_smile:

I also reactivated all your plugins too, I saw they were still deactivated from your tests.

If you have any further issues just let us know!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.