Error creating Upfront theme

Hello! I installed Upfront Builder succesfully. When I go to Upfront > Builder in WP Admin, I get the option to create an own theme. When I give it a name and click on the green button "Start Building", I'm redirected to the following url: http://profits.crony.nl/create_new/crony-profits

this takes a while an then I redirected to a 404 error page and there is no theme added. I don't know why Upfront is doing this

Anyone can help?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Raf,

Thank you for granting access.

I checked the site and apart from Upfront Builder not working I noticed a Domain Mapping related error so let me start with that.

There's a Domain Mapping plugin enabled on your site but it's not fully installed. To fix that you will want to access your site via FTP (or cPanel's File Manager) and move (move, not copy!) the "sunrise.php" file from "/wp-content/plugins/domain-mapping" folder to "/wp-content" folder. That's an important step.

Getting back to an Upfront Builder. In order to be able to test it I had to disable Domain Mapping temporarily (it's back on again) and I was able to replicate the issue. I think the first thing to check in this case would be folder permissions.

Upfront Builder creates a new folder in "/wp-content/themes" folder (as it creates a new theme) and writes data into that folder. Thus the "/wp-content/themes" folder has to be writable, otherwise the plugin will fail.

The "404 not found" page suggests that Upfront Builder is trying to load data that actually doesn't exist so I'd start with this:

access the site via FTP (or cPanel File Manager) and go to "/wp-content/" folder, then make sure that the folder permissions for "/themes" folder allow writing.

Depending on an FTP client that you are using you may need to set those "by numbers" or just by checking some checkboxes. I think I'd start with 0755 permissions which means: read+write+execute, read+execute, read+execute for owner, group and others respectively.

If that helps, we could then experiment with tightening those permissions to tighten security but let's first make sure that the Upfront Builder works.

If this doesn't help, we'll need to perform further debugging and for this I'd like you to add following lines to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

Those lines should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */" line and once they are there try running Upfront Builder again and then download the "/wp-content/debug.log" file from your server and post its content here (using post editor "code" tool to mark it as a code).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.