Error Establishing a Database Connection

My website is having all kinds of performance issues ever since I downloaded WPMUDEV plugins. Help! I'm stuck and need guidance on how to fix these issues ASAP. Also for my Modern Goddess University, Lillian Suarez, and Avery Digital Creations websites. Same issues.

• Rupok

Hi Venus Aviv

I hope you had a wonderful day.

all kinds of performance issues ever since I downloaded WPMUDEV plugins

Can you mention specifically which plugins are causing you performance issues and what type of performance issues? I could tell you better and solve those if I could know the issues in details and specific plugin names. I run around 16 WPMU DEV plugins on 3 of my live test sites at the same time and I don't see any performance issue there. Server process is below normal, memory usage is below normal, sites are responding fast.

# Error Establishing a Database Connection
    Well, this error means, either your database login credentials are changed, or your database server is down, or the database process of your server is down, or your database is corrupted.

So, at first, can you check if you database login credentials are ok in wp-config.php file. If you can login to your database with the credentials stored in config file, then you can move to next step.

Try restarting the whole server (if you have access), or at least try restarting the MySQL process on your server. Make sure your MySQL process is running fine at your server. If it doesn't solve the issue, move to next step.

Try to restore your site to any earlier point (if you have backups) and see if that works. If you don't have any backup then move to next step.

At this step, we will try to repair our database. First thing you should do is to make sure you are getting the same error on both the front-end of the site, and the back-end of the site (wp-admin). If you are getting a different error on the wp-admin for instance something like “One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be repaired”, then you need to repair your database.

You can do this by adding the following line in your wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true);

Once you have done that, you can see the settings by visiting this page: http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin/maint/repair.php

Please let us know the result. I'm looking forward to solve your issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.