Error establishing a database connection

I have hosted my website with WPMU Host, somehow my website is showing,
"Error establishing a database connection" and it's down now!
Could you please help me resolving the issue?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi Robert

We have followed up with the hosting team and found out your disk space is full and as a result, mysql can't be started. We have also found out that you have lots of zip files from updraft backup which is killing some space. As we take daily backup, so you don't need any backup plugin.

However, to start mysql we need to delete some files from your server to make some free space. Can we delete the updraft backup files? Or you can download those files on your desktop and delete yourself? Once some space is free, we can start mysql, so please let us know.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Robert
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, Ash.
    Hope you are doing well.
    I'm not finding the file manager that I thought came with WPMU hosting. Please go ahead and delete the zip files in the /updraft/ directory.

Additionally, we were told that we could use the resources for the 2 remaining free hosting domains. Can that storage for the remaining 2 domains be added to the http://mrrwebdev01.wpmudev.host website?

Thanks again.
    Bob

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Robert,

Our team has already fixed the issues within the website, and have removed the /updraft backups. I'm afraid, there isn't a File Manager in the Hosting Panel, you'll have to use SFTP, or SSH login access to make such changes.

I'm afraid, each site is a separate virtual server independent from each other, and there aren't any such features to combine resources from other sites, other than increasing the Hosting plan for the specific website.

At the moment the free space available in your mentioned website is around 7.10 GB which looks fine.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further query. Have a nice day ahead.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.