Error establishing database connection

I am working locally using desktop server and the setup process went smooth but once it's done I get this message when I try to get to my site. I have done this process before using WAMP and XAMPP but had other issues with those so now I am trying desktop server. I am not sure if desktop server is part of the issue now or if there is something else I am missing. I looked up that "access denied for user ODBC" on Google and nothing I found really helped other then saying my username and password don't match somewhere. I have checked in phpmyadmin, move-blogs.php, and db-config.php and all the usernames and passwords are the same.

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:\Users\Business\Documents\Websites\www.cuisineexchange.dev\wp-content\db.php on line 705

Warning: mysql_get_server_info() [function.mysql-get-server-info]: A link to the server could not be established in C:\Users\Business\Documents\Websites\www.cuisineexchange.dev\wp-content\db.php on line 705

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Users\Business\Documents\Websites\www.cuisineexchange.dev\wp-content\db.php:705) in C:\Users\Business\Documents\Websites\www.cuisineexchange.dev\wp-includes\functions.php on line 2540
Error establishing a database connection

• Mason

Hiya,

I've not used desktop server so can't speak to that message other than to say for whatever reason it seems that particular user doesn't have proper access to the database.

And if the user doesn't have proper access, there will naturally be an error connecting to the database :slight_smile:

"Cannot modify header information" is almost always having extra whitespace either above or below your opening PHP tags.

I've actually installed multi-db locally for testing in the past and using wamp I had no issues. What did you run into there?

Multi-db is a pretty complex plugin. Server admins use it when they have tens to hundreds of thousands of blogs. If you don't have that particular scenario at the moment, to be honest, you don't need this particular plugin.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further.

• Charles

Thanks for the reply Mason.

I'm confused about user "ODBC" because I don't have or see that user in any of the php files or on databases in myphpadmin. Just wondering where that user came from in the first place. When I pull out all the Multi DB files everything runs smooth

My problem with wamp was that my sub sites/blogs weren't working. When I would create a blog they wouldn't exist. When researching that problem someone suggested using xampp but it ran so slow and stopped working all the time that I moved on to desktop server.

I am just testing things out for a project I am working on and wanted to see if I could get Multi DB setup correctly. For now I will just do without it until I get the real site going and make sure I will actually need it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.