Error in deleting products permanently from trash

Hi,
We have a multisite with two websites. On the main website I can easily delete products and posts etc., but on the secondary site I can't delete products permanently from trash without getting the error: "Error in deleting".

Why and how is it fixable?

• Sajid

Hello Maria,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That appears to be a plugin or theme conflict to me. Please activate a default WordPress theme like TwentySeventeen or TwentyFifteen and then try to delete post/products. If you could delete then this is due to a theme functions interfering with it. In this case, first thing you need to check if the theme is up to date. And if yes, still getting this error then please contact theme author for further assistance.

If you still get same error on default theme then it could a plugin. Please deactivate all plugin and then check again. If the error go away then re-activate each plugin one by one to find the culprit.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance and don't forget to enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Nastia

Hello Maria , I hope you are doing well!

Please clarify what e-commerce plugin you are using so I could test it on my site?

Would you please enable a WordPress debug mode? Add the following lines inside the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Make sure that you insert this line BEFORE /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ in the wp-config.php file.

Go to a subsite and try to delete products. This way all errors will be saved in the debug.log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Rename the debug.log to debug.txt and attach it here so we could have a closer look.

Also, please grant access to your site from WPMU DEV > Support so we could investigate this further.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.