Error in giving title to post type

Hi,

I have just installed this plugin and when I am creating new post type, it says that I have to use only latin symbols for it, when my network is in Georgian language.

Is it unsolvable problem?

One idea - maybe that plug-in will work with it, I don't remember name, which renames words everywhere to new words (you type which words to rename to what).

ANYWAY, I have tested it myself and it works, just curious about if it will make any troubles in future or not.

Two more questions:

1) Text Change plugin changes text only in admin panel, or in front-sites too?
2) If yes, than it's bad in my case, but another idea - my network is new and there aren't blogs yet, so if I'd create all post types I want and "translate" them using this plugin, they will be translated and it won't affect blogs (as they aren't yet registered), but will it change this text on blogs in future? I mean, does this plugin effect on PAST, or on future too?

Thanks

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I have just installed this plugin and when I am creating new post type, it says that I have to use only latin symbols for it, when my network is in Georgian language.
    Is it unsolvable problem?

I believe some symbols may be filtered out, but if you're trying additional characters and they're working you should be fine.

1) Text Change plugin changes text only in admin panel, or in front-sites too?

Nope. Only Admin side.

2) If yes, than it's bad in my case, but another idea - my network is new and there aren't blogs yet, so if I'd create all post types I want and "translate" them using this plugin, they will be translated and it won't affect blogs (as they aren't yet registered), but will it change this text on blogs in future? I mean, does this plugin effect on PAST, or on future too?

It works past and present - but again, is only for the admin side.

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi kshengelia,

Regarding the non-Latin characters, are you still able to access and edit the post types you created? If so, there really shouldn't be any issue there, though I've not tested that myself.

The Custom Admin Text Change plugin changes text in the back-end and wouldn't affect front-end text. You could perhaps use custom language files for that.

Also, the plugin changes text on-the-fly so it would alter any text, regardless of when the text was made available.

Cheers,
    David

• kshengelia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi, masonjames

I believe some symbols may be filtered out, but if you're trying additional characters and they're working you should be fine.

No, they aren't working, I don't know exactly what character means in this case - letter from different alphabet from Latin or what (This is my case, I am trying to insert post type title in Georgia, and Georgian language doesn't have Latin letters, it has it's own, see screenshot for example).

Nope. Only Admin side.

That's good side of this problem.

Hello, David

Regarding the non-Latin characters, are you still able to access and edit the post types you created? If so, there really shouldn't be any issue there, though I've not tested that myself.

Yes I am, moreover - when I go to Super Admin page and click on the name still is "Books" (and not "Books" in Georgian). Maybe Text Change plugin couldn't change this text on this page or something. Anyway this is good, because content types are still editable.

Also, the plugin changes text on-the-fly so it would alter any text, regardless of when the text was made available.

Main thing is that it doesn't affect on front side.

Thanks both!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi kshengelia,

I'm not sure I've understood this right. You mentioned you're able to edit the posts, is that when they included non-latin characters in the title or content area?

Also, you mentioned it wasn't working regarding the characters. Since I don't understand Georgian, I couldn't really confirm with that screenshot whether there's an issue. Could you please verify, are you able to use Georgian characters without trouble?

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.