Error in installing plugin

Do you know why this error occurs when I install the Membership plugin and try to access the front-end site?

WordPress database error: [Table '1234_db.wp_ytu658i_m_coupons' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_ytu658i_m_coupons WHERE couponcode = ''

• Andrew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm also getting these errors in WP:

Notice: Undefined index: registration_page in /var/www/1234.com/public/site/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 1984

Notice: Undefined index: account_page in /var/www/1234.com/public/site/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 2022

Notice: Undefined index: subscriptions_page in /var/www/1234.com/public/site/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 2041

Notice: Undefined index: nocontent_page in /var/www/1234.com/public/site/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 2135

Notice: Undefined index: registrationcompleted_page in /var/www/1234.com/public/site/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 2140
    WordPress database error: [Table '1234_db.wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships' doesn't exist]?SELECT * FROM wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships WHERE user_id = 1 AND sub_id != 0
    WordPress database error: [Table '1234_db.wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships' doesn't exist]?SELECT count(*) FROM wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships WHERE user_id = 1
    WordPress database error: [Table '1234_db.wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships' doesn't exist]?SELECT * FROM wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships WHERE user_id = 1 AND sub_id != 0
    WordPress database error: [Table '1234_db.wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships' doesn't exist]?SELECT count(*) FROM wp_khfgrutd_m_membership_relationships WHERE user_id = 1

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Andrew

Judging by those errors, it looks like some required database tables are missing/broken. Please go to "Membership" > "Options" > "Advanced" and click on "Verify Membership Tables".

If any are missing or broken, click "Repair Membership Tables". Let's see how that goes.

• Andrew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I cannot do this since the plugin install has stopped me using the site and the WP control panel. It only works again if I delete/rename the membership plugin via FTP.

I wonder if it's something up with the server hosting?

Can you recommend a brilliant hosting for Buddypress + WPMU plugins?

I was looking at Dreamhost and Bluehost recommended by Wordpress themselves and also MediaTemple.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @Andrew

It could be a server issue if you're on a crappy shared plan at whatever host you're using. On that note, is 1234.com your site? Also check the database name in those errors. Is that the correct database?

Also, before selecting a host and plan, you should go over what's available and consider what you need. Here's a good article to help out with that: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/what-type-of-hosting-for-wordpress/

• Andrew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

No, 1234.com is just to mask the site so everybody doesn't try to hack in to the site - plus it's a client site and they wouldn't be happy with me sharing information about their site etc...

Thanks for the link on hosting. The plugin works on another site/server I'm using but not on this one so it could well be the hosting.

Just wanted to see if this was something you had come up against before and knew what the problem was specifically.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Don't recall this particular issue, but if you're masking the URL, I guess that could screw things up somewhere down the line :slight_frown:

Good news though that it works on another site. That would tend to narrow it down to issues specific to the install. Is the URL on the other site also masked in a similar manner?

• aristath
    • Recruit

The original poster of this issue is no longer an active member on these forums.

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however at some time the member becomes active again and the issue still exists, don't hesitate to reopen it and post an update on your current status.

Cheers!
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.