error in subscribe by email plugin

WordPress database error: [] SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = ‘translation_ops’ AND site_id = 1

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hi @louis

where do you actually see the error message? does it appear on screen?

i have tried this on my multisite and also a single wordpress site & i can’t reproduce the error.

could you try uninstalling the plugin & reinstalling it? your settings and subscriptions should be preserved. (but make a backup beforehand, just in case)

thanks.

• Louis
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, but emails are not being saved on widget and if you use the pop up in the bottom you get this WordPress database error: [] SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = ‘translation_ops’ AND site_id = 1

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

it shouldn’t make a difference, was just trying to configure it same on my site as on yours.

i do note though there’s a ton of errors on the pages when i check with console.

press ctrl+shift+J (in chrome/firefox)

postmessage data invalid json:

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character

…in(“,n”+gap)+”n”+o+”}”:”{“+u.join(“,”:wink:+”}”;gap=o;return i}}if(typeof Date.prot…

button.js (line 1)

…e.removeChild(link)}})(window,document);/* Copyright (C) 2012 Buffer */(function…

button.js (line 1)

GET https://apis.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k…RSTNWWZCdJejgFDjIeHlrTip-8kIMkA/cb=gapi.loaded_0

200 OK

196ms

fastbu…9281632 (line 19)

GET https://apis.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k…RSTP94pk7TZmkNIoDxsWs33sOVB3GqA/cb=gapi.loaded_1

200 OK

244ms

fastbu…9281632 (line 19)

GET https://apis.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k…RSTNWWZCdJejgFDjIeHlrTip-8kIMkA/cb=gapi.loaded_0

200 OK

238ms

fastbu…3056195 (line 19)

GET https://apis.google.com/_/scs/apps-static/_/js/k…RSTP94pk7TZmkNIoDxsWs33sOVB3GqA/cb=gapi.loaded_1

200 OK

279ms

fastbu…3056195 (line 19)

…e.removeChild(link)}})(window,document);/* Copyright (C) 2012 Buffer */(function…

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

postmessage message type required

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

200 OK

113ms

fastbu…7833267 (line 19)

200 OK

159ms

fastbu…7833267 (line 19)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

200 OK

119ms

fastbu…1718521 (line 19)

200 OK

162ms

fastbu…1718521 (line 19)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

GET https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/y1/r/N-czdi2SVpj.js

200 OK

82ms

like.p…ight=60 (line 107)

TWITTER: Content Security Policy restrictions may be applied to your site. Add <meta name=”twitter:widgets:csp” content=”on”> to supress this warning.

widgets.js (line 8)

TWITTER: Please note: Not all embedded timeline and embedded Tweet functionality is supported when CSP is applied.

widgets.js (line 8)

button.js (line 1)

button.js (line 1)

TypeError: e.init is not a function

…g:{assetUrl:m},load:function(t){e.init(p),e.embed(t),twttr.widgets.loaded=!0},cr…

widgets.js (line 42)

button.js (line 1)

try disabling all other plugins except subscribe by email, and see if these errors disappear, then try it again?

javascript errors can prevent other scripts running if there’s an error. it stops it. and that error looks like something is missing in the []

i’ll also flag the developer for a bit of feedback on this for you.

thanks

• Louis

So what you are telling me is that by using plugins from wpmudev together nothing works! I have now been 4 months trying to get this to work and all I find is by installing plugins that should work together in reality nothing does.

I am very disappointed at this stage. I am backing up the server and starting fresh again.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

that’s not what i’m telling you.

you have to appreciate that not everyone has the same website or plugins or themes installed.

if it was an actual bug, then this would pretty much do exactly the same on my site & everyone elses site that it’s doing on yours, which it isn’t doing. therefore we have to try to determine why it is doing it on your site.

to do this we need to troubleshoot to try and find a source, this will entail, disabling plugins & switching to the default theme to try and find out if the theme is causing the issue (which happens quite a lot)

also disabling all other plugins, makes sure that they aren’t interfering with the plugin, so we can test. if the plugin then works, we know the plugin actually does work, and we then know that there’s a conflict somewhere either with the theme or the template. so then we start enabling each plugin again, 1 by 1 and test each time until the issue occurs again, that way we can find out if another plugin is causing a conflict.

hope this helps.

• Louis

Vaughan

I have deleted most of the plugins can you re run that test or tell me how to do it.

I have also , now again, issue my clients a 100% refund, which is not good. Worse comes to worse I will start from scratch again this weekend. Which I hate to say. tells me I have wasted my time with WPmudev for the last 4 months.

Not your fault. But this is not good when I find my same errors from 2 years and the site has 100% only wpmudev plugins. I thought that was the value of having a subscription.

Louis

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

the only errors i see now are

The “fb-root” div has not been created, auto-creating

all.js…xfbml=1 (line 56)

FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().

all.js…xfbml=1 (line 56)

if you want to test, i use firebug in firefox. just open firebug, click console & refresh page.

or press ctrl+shift+J in chrome or firefox browser.

thanks.

• Louis

WordPress database error: [Field ‘subscription_settings’ doesn’t have a default value] INSERT INTO wp_4_subscriptions (subscription_email,subscription_note,subscription_created,subscription_type,user_key,confirmation_flag) VALUES (‘removed.com’,’User subscribed’,1379701011,’Follow Button’,’47902b1aa8dbbd9a’,0)

After deleting ultimate branding plugin.

• Ignacio
    • HummingBird

Hi @louis.

You’ll need to change a function inside model/model.php. About line 42 you’ll see the function create_subscriptions_table. Change that code for:

private function create_subscriptions_table() {

global $wpdb;

// Get the correct character collate
    $db_charset_collate = '';
    if ( ! empty($wpdb->charset) )
    $db_charset_collate = "DEFAULT CHARACTER SET $wpdb->charset";
    if ( ! empty($wpdb->collate) )
    $db_charset_collate .= " COLLATE $wpdb->collate";

$sql = "CREATE TABLE $this->subscriptions_table (
    subscription_ID bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
    subscription_email varchar(100) NOT NULL,
    subscription_type varchar(200) NOT NULL,
    subscription_created bigint(20) NOT NULL,
    subscription_note varchar(200) NOT NULL,
    confirmation_flag tinyint(1) DEFAULT 0,
    user_key varchar(50) NOT NULL,
    subscription_settings text DEFAULT '',
    PRIMARY KEY (subscription_ID),
    UNIQUE KEY subscription_email (subscription_email)
    ) ENGINE=MyISAM $db_charset_collate;";

dbDelta($sql);

$alter = "ALTER TABLE $this->subscriptions_table MODIFY COLUMN subscription_settings text DEFAULT ''";
    $wpdb->query( $alter );

}

That should fix your problem.

This will be included in the next version. Currently, I’m working in some other fixes so I guess that a new version will be released during this week,

Regards.

Ignacio.

• Louis

After, I copied code from here instead of email site came back up. Error is now.

WordPress database error: [Field ‘subscription_settings’ doesn’t have a default value] INSERT INTO wp_subscriptions (subscription_email,subscription_note,subscription_created,subscription_type,user_key,confirmation_flag) VALUES (‘ls@********.info’,’User subscribed’,1379948934,’Follow Button’,’f90d883ed1c6881f’,0)

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.