Error installing Events+ on IIS

As soon as I activate Events+ plugin on site, it creates a redirect loop and can no longer access front-end or wp-admin.

http://fullth+++++++ry.com

Tried installing through Dashboard plugin & manually.

Debug log shows:

[08-May-2018 17:40:11 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(admin/class-eab-admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\webs\fullth++ry.com\html\blog\wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\events-and-bookings.php on line 143
[08-May-2018 17:40:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'admin/class-eab-admin.php' (include_path='.;c:\webs\php\pear') in C:\webs\fullth++ry.com\html\blog\wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\events-and-bookings.php on line 143
[08-May-2018 17:43:15 UTC] PHP Warning: require_once(admin/class-eab-admin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\webs\fullth++ry.com\html\blog\wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\events-and-bookings.php on line 143
[08-May-2018 17:43:15 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'admin/class-eab-admin.php' (include_path='.;c:\webs\php\pear') in C:\webs\fullth++ry.com\html\blog\wp-content\plugins\events-and-bookings\events-and-bookings.php on line 143

Other plugins install & activate fine.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Erik

It looked like a live site, so I tried to check carefully. When I activate events+ plugin, instead of fatal error I was getting a redirect loop.

I will need to test this after disabling all other plugins and theme. Do you have any staging site where I can do that testing? Or if you want me to test on this site, please let me know and I will do.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Erik

Hope you are fine today!

It was a small bug in our plugin, which not happening in our test sites but in your site. it was a issue about comparing uppercase table name with lowercase table name in the _blog_has_tables function on events-and-bookings/admin/class-eab-admin.php file.

I fixed it by replacing this function with the below one:

private function _blog_has_tables () {
    	global $wpdb;
    	$table = Eab_EventsHub::tablename(Eab_EventsHub::BOOKING_TABLE); // Check only one
    	if ( ! $stored_table = $wpdb->get_var("show tables like '{$table}'") ) return false;
    	return strtolower($stored_table) == strtolower($table);
    }

I have added this fix in your site, also forwarded it to our plugin developers so they have a review for future updates. Feel free to update the plugin whenever update come.

Have a Great Day!
    Regards,
    Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.