Error Logs with +1 widget

We have a 13MB error log comprised of the following:

[08-Mar-2012 12:41:16] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'apiServiceException' with message 'Error calling https://www.googleapis.com/plus/v1/people/101117907057345476570/activities/public?maxResults=5&alt=json: (403) Daily Limit Exceeded. Please sign up' in /home/topsecret/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/external/google/io/apiREST.php:99
Stack trace:
#0 /home/topsecret/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/external/google/service/apiServiceResource.php(144):
apiREST::execute(Object(apiServiceRequest))
#1 [internal function]: apiServiceResource->__call('list', Array)
#2 /home/topsecret/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/class_wdgpo_google_auth.php(98): ActivitiesServiceResource->list(Array)
#3 /home/topsecret/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/class_wdgpo_google_auth.php(86): Wdgpo_GoogleAuth->get_gplus_feed('101117907057345...', false)
#4 /home/topsecret/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/class_wdgpo_google_auth.php(105): Wdgpo_GoogleAuth->get_gplus_data()
#5 /home/s in /home/topsecret/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-plusone/lib/external/google/io/apiREST.php on line 99

Any ideas?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dfathers,

It appears to me that you have reached the allowable API limit by Google though this is the first time I have ever heard of this.

I draw this conclusion because of this specific statement in the error codes you gave above:

Error calling https://www.googleapis.com/plus/v1/people/101117907057345476570/activities/public?maxResults=5&alt=json: (403) Daily Limit Exceeded.

However, I will ping the developer in here to confirm my suspicion though this may take a little more time then a normal ticket to get resolved.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• Vladislav
    • Dead Eye Dev

Hello,

This particular error has to do with Google+ imports, rather then Google +1 votes. Is it possible that you're routing more then one (or more then few) account synchronizations through the same API key? The free limit ("courtesy limit", as they call it) for Google services is 1000 queries per day, so you may wish to reduce the number of accounts for import, or set up import to occur less frequently.

• dfathers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey guys,

Thanks for following up. We don't actually have Google imports setup as far as I can tell from the settings area in the plugin. We simply just want a +1 button on each of our sites in the network. Maybe we're just using the wrong plugin?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dfathers,

After reading your last post I think you did not understand what our developer was trying to indicate --> that he thinks that either your trying to share credentials with another API that you folks have created or that you have specifically created an API for Google +1 but have the credentials for Google Imports in the Google +1 API settings by mistake.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dfathers,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• dfathers
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Joe,

Thanks for checking back. We aren't using any API and do not have any API entered into the settings. I'm embedding the plugin like this via a widget

<div class="social_wrapper gplus">[wdgpo_plusone]</div>

We are still receiving the same error. I think the fact we're using this on a multisite installation could have something to do with it?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dfathers,

Thank you for following up with the offer to send us your credentials to check this out.

I would certainly be happy to check this out further if you desire, please send WordPress Login and FTP credentials to aecnu (at) incsub.com and I will not only compare the settings to my development site but also check out the files in the plugin folder itself.

Please include this tickets URL in the email:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/error-logs-with-1-widget

Looking forward to helping anyway that I can.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dfathers,

After checking out your site admin dashboard --> Settings --> Google+ I admit I was somewhat stunned that the API and app settings were not completed.

This is the very reason for the malfunctions starting with the limit being reached because you do not have one, to Google trying to figure out what application you are actually using, therefore the statement by Ve above This particular error has to do with Google+ imports.

Just using a shortcode in no way shape or form exempts not having to fill out the API settings and create an app on Google for this to work.

Please fill out the rest of the Google+ settings as required.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.