Error: Manifest data not found in archive.

I followed the exact instructions to use snapshot to backup and then migrate the site, however when I try to import the snapshot to the new site it says "Error: Manifest data not found in archive.". I have tried multiple times

• Nithin

Hello Mark,

when I try to import the snapshot to the new site it says "Error: Manifest data not found in archive.". I have tried multiple times

The error means that the file got corrupted while taking a Snapshot. To troubleshoot this further, you'll have to enable debug mod, so that we could have a better idea regarding this.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Make sure to make the above changes in both the sites, ie source, and destination. After making the above changes, please create a new Snapshot.

Once created, please use FTP to download, and upload the archive file to your destination, and see whether the import fails, or not. If it fails, all the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these from both your sites in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin