"Error: Manifest data not found in archive."

I am trying to migrate a Multisite using Snapshot and I keep getting the "Error: Manifest data not found in archive."

  • Predrag Dubajic

    Hi NakeviaDesigns,

    Hope you're doing well

    I tried creating another backup file on your site to see if manifest file will be included but I kept getting this error:
    table_data not set. This normally means that PHP on your server is not properly setup to handle _SESSION. Check with your hosting company.

    This error can be happening if you don't have enough space on your server and that's most likely the case as I was able to create a smaller backup file with only one DB table and manifest file was included in there.

    Can you check free space on your server to see if the above error is indeed related to that and if it is do you have any large old backup files or something similar that you can remove in order for us to try creating a new backup file?

    Best regards,
    Predrag

  • NakeviaDesigns

    Thank you for that insight. I deleted the other snapshots off of the server and generated a new one and it worked just fine.

    New Problem: Let me know if you can assist with this here or if I need to submit a new ticket.

    I was moving this to a new server and changing the domain name. The Snapshot domain function didn't work as expected, so I had to change the domain of the main site in the database. But when I did that it broke the child sites. Is there a way to do this without this happening.

    I did these steps but I couldn't find the anything that looks like wp_#_options so I am guessing that that is the issue.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-change-a-multisite-primary-domain

  • Dimitris

    Hey there NakeviaDesigns,

    hope you're doing good today and I'm really glad that you made Snapshot import and restore!

    As for the issue you're dealing with now, I was able to see that Site URL Address for example for this site here: http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/network/site-info.php?id=4
    is corrupted as it's missing the http protocol. Changing this setting has no effect, as it seems that some DB value is overriding it.
    Creating a new subsite doesn't result to this though, so this should be happened with the DB changes that you've made.

    I made a little change in the new installation too, the .htaccess rules found here
    http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/network/setup.php
    weren't in place, so I've already fixed that.

    I can also understand that you migrated main site with a normal snapshot, how did you migrated the rest of the subsites though? As a snapshot can't backup the whole multisite at once. Please advise!

    As for the wp_#_options tables, in your case wp is different, as set by the table_prefix in wp-config.php file.
    These tables can only be found as long as there're already some subsites

    What could be done here, is to better start fresh. Re-install WP and Snapshot plugin and run the import process once more. In order to perform the DB changes for the new domain name, you can use the famous Search & Replace DB for WordPress script, download and read more on how to upload/use here: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/.
    Search for olddomain.com and replace with newdomain.com. Don't include any protocols like http:// or https://, so these will stay intact, and then check your multisite installation that works well.

    Warm regards,
    Dimitris