Error message, "language not allowed" when attempting to sign up with Facebook.

Users signing up with with Facebook are unable to choose their language on sign up.

There is an error message saying that "language not allowed"

looks like there are many issues with ultimate Facebook.

Sorry for this beef but this is really getting on my nerves and my partners nerves too.

Kind however irritated regards.

JT

• John Taylor
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ari, nice to hear back from you.

I have not tried it with a language as it says "not allowed" so as I explained in my post, "Users signing up with with Facebook are unable to choose their language on sign up.
    so you don't get the drop down menu."

If its locked but goes to the language set in Facebook, than that is ok as we can explain that "BEFORE" people use our system, as it would have been handy to know "BEFORE" implementing the plugin.

However, people do not trust anything anymore so this error alarm,s users.

We will have finished Multi DB today, will have all look and feel done by the end of the week when we wish to pre launch beta to our lists, we hope we can have the Ultimate face book bugs out by then as is an important part of what we do, if not, we will have to look at other options.

Will go try make an account with FB and see if it works, then edit sign up so people are not alarmed as this will be going to extensive EU lists.

Please can you guys finally fix the other bug I reported recently in Ultimate Face book so we can get on?

Kind Regards

JT

• aristath
    • Recruit

@mpv I just had a conversation with my colleague @Jack Kitterhing about this issue and he confirmed it as well.
    It locks it to the language of the FB profile and as a result you can't choose a language at signup. I'm afraid this combination will not work... :slight_frown:

As for the other bug you mentioned, I was assured that Vladislav is on it and working to get it fixed as quick as possible :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

• John Taylor

Hi @aristath

Do you have any idea how we can put the choose language somewhere else?
    so people can register with FB and choose their language afterwards or will this not work with the set up of an individual blog?

The thing about what we are trying to achieve is that full integration with FB is of paramount importance to us, this is key.

Any help you guys can give is welcome.

What do you think about going over to Jobs and having someone work on this for us?

If so, who do you recommend?

Yourself? :slight_smile:

thanks Ari

Kind Regards

JT

• aristath
    • Recruit

I just talked to the developer of the Ultimate Facebook plugin.
    Try this:
    in signup-language.php, function signup_language_add_language_option instead of this:
    update_option( 'WPLANG', $meta['WPLANG'] );
    use this:
    if (!empty($meta['WPLANG']) update_option( 'WPLANG', $meta['WPLANG'] );
    This is on line 143 of the signup language plugin.

Let me know if that works...

Cheers,
    Ari.

• John Taylor

Thanks for this, tried it, no go.

but thank anyway.

we are looking for an alternative to Ultimate Facebook for our site, we still have no feed back here after a month with the other bug that we found and we can not move forwards but keep paying here for help.

not happy really.

Jt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.