Error Message on Events Page (No Content Displayed)

I receive the following error message when I try to view an event. See below.

[code]Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/oracles2/public_html/tulc/wp-content/themes/wpaid/functions.php on line 78[/code]

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks
Shinshuri

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Shinshuri,

As the error message points to your theme, you could try to switch to a standard WP theme and see if the error still occurs.

Also, take a look at what is actually on line 78 in the functions.php file of your theme. This could give a hint as well.

Finally, since you a using a theme from a theme developer, you could seek additional assistance there.

Please advise on you findings. :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

• shinshuri
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Mort3n:

I switched to a standard WP Theme and the error does not display, but no content from the event shows up or displays either.

There is a real issue with the plugin not displaying content regardless whether it is a standard WP Theme or a developer Theme.

• mort3n
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi shinshuri,

Glad you found the source of the error message :slight_smile:

Now, using a standard WP theme, we can proceed to resolve the issue about displaying events. I fully agree, that events should be shown.

If you haven't read them already, you can find the instructions for the plugin on the 'Usage' tab on the plugin page (see screenshot)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Please try to follow the instructions step by step and report back if this issue persists.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Mort3n

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.