Error message: Please, enter correct Facebook API settings

My Ultimate Facebook plugin doesn’t seem to work.

When I first installed, I was able to get about halfway through (Like/Send button config), but then it reloaded and showed me the broken API settings message mentioned below where, previously, it was working.

I did NOT make a change to my API key or secret key during setup.

I get an error message, “Please, enter correct Facebook API settings.”

I followed the guide mentioned here, https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-make-a-facebook-app.

I did some googling, but the results didn’t contain a successful answer.

I’ve tried the plugin on another site – didn’t work from the start.

I tried disabling all other plugins (I have very few).

I tried getting and inputting a new secret key.

As mentioned above, I did follow the guide exactly (set up facebook with correct domain, etc).

I emailed godaddy about cURL settings and they confirmed that it’s installed by default.

I’m hosting with godaddy.com and my site is ocfusiondance.com.

So, I’d love a patch or hotfix as it seems I’m not the first person to run into the issue.

Thanks.

EDIT/Update: I’m using WordPress 3.6.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Matthew,

I had a discussion with @aristath and would like to have a closer look at the issue.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select “I have a different question” from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers

PC

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there!

As we haven’t heard back from you we’re going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this thread as resolved.

If it wasn’t resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and, as always, for being a member of WPMU DEV, it’s a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Cheers,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.