Error message: Setting up Wordpress subdomains

Hi, I just signed up tonight and was following the instructionst at https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/creating-a-network-to-enable-wordpress-multisite/.

I installed my wordpress and got the config wordpress multi sites set up. Then did the wildcard domain which my host allows.

Followed by the network subdomain setting. I then copy and pasted the codes given to me from the wordpress screen into the config and .htaccess.

I checked to make sure all the changes have saved.

I went to create a test subdomain site and after doing so am getting the error message: Error 404 - Not Found

The document you are looking for may have been removed or re-named. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

Any thoughts on what to do beside start over?

Thank you
Kimberly

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Kimberly,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV community!

Did you just recently setup the wildcard subdomain? If this is the case, then it can sometimes take a little bit for it to propagate. When you create the test site does it add it to your list of sites in the network admin?

If you can post a link to the newly created sub-site then we can test it out :slight_smile:

Hope that helps! Keep us updated here and let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Kimberly
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I'm pulling my hair out here. I've followed instructions set by set and I keep getting the same error on creating subdomains.

On the fifth install I got Fatal error: Call to undefined function postbox_classes() in /home/accountname/public_html/3DArtistNetwork.com/wp-admin/includes/template.php on line 980

My web host recommended starting over uploading the whole zip file into my
    cpanel.

Installing the wordpress is something I've done many times but this multi sites is proving to be a real challenge.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.