Error Message - Subscribe by email plug in

I installed the plug in and tested it with a work (firewalls) and personal (gmail) address and was successful. A member tried it and said she got the following error message:

ERROR: That action is not currently allowed.

Can you help? Thanks!!

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Tori,

Thanks for asking. This is really weird and should not happen. I've tried with different type of email addresses from different providers, but I could not regenerate this on my test site.

Can you please ask your member about which email address he/she tried? I went to your site and tried with 2 email addresses, but those were subscribed fine without any issue. So we can tell you better if we get to know what email address she tried to subscribe with.

Please let us know that email. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hey there Tori,
    I hope you're well and don't mind me chiming in here!

I tried both those emails on my sandbox sites and the subscription is working fine. Did you try adding those same emails to subscription yourself? It could actually be an issue on your member's side.

Can you perhaps grant support access to your site from the dashboard plugin so we can take a closer look?
    This could be done via Dashboard - WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access by following this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

All the best,
    Denitsa

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.