I am hosted on Dreamhost and have installed a WPMU installation at splendidwebsites.com.
I currently have the Multi-Domains plugin installed but it is not working correctly. The two domains configured are:
spendidwebsites.com (current domain site) and
splendidwebsite.com (a secondary multi-domain)
1) I have built a test site: http://23drft.splendidwebsite.com and the front end shows fine, but when I try to access the dashboard it won't authenticate with my Admin username and password.
2) Looking at the Settings for Multi-Domains: The base domain splendidwebsites.com is appearing as DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE
3) I get an error message in the Settings for Multi-Domains that says:
Warning! Wildcard DNS for DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE may not be configured correctly!
Unable to contact the random hostname (e4417a.DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE).
4) The primary domain splendidwebsites.com, works perfectly both dashboard and front end.
CHECKS I HAVE ALREADY COMPLETED:
1. I have contacted Dreamhost and they tell me that the wildcard domain is definitely configured correctly on their side.
2. I have the following entries in my wp-config file:
define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
What I'm hoping is that someone can give me an indication of what I'm missing and/or what I've done incorrectly in configuring this installation.
Many thanks in advance for your assistance.