Error message when in my dashboard

I am getting this error message sometimes when I'm in my dashboard: "A valid URL was not provided." This happens not only in my super-admin dashboard, but also in the user sites. It occurs when I try to do some tasks while in the dashboard. For example, sometimes it occurs when I try to create a new page or post. It just occurred again a minute ago when I was configuring the settings for the Prosites plugin.

This started happening after I attempted to "fix" my multisite database (which is a long story). The short version is that I had used a security plugin (WP Better Security)to replace the database table prefixes (wp_) to a random prefix. I then found out that at least one of the WPMU plugins (New Blog Sites plugin) did not work with the new prefix setup. In fact, when I tried to use this plugin, my entire mulitsite was crashed.

I have since tried to revert my database tables back to the default prefix. Ever since I did this, I now get this error message ("A valid URL was not provided")sometimes, but not always. Right now, I cannot continue with "Save Changes" with the Prosites settings.

Any ideas on how to fix?

• joejacobson
    • The Bug Hunter

No, the plugin did not have a way to revert back to the default prefix. It only put in randomized prefixes. Therefore, I did it manually using some rename commands in the query. I'm not experienced with databases, but I got some guidelines from a blog post on WPBeginner.com

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @joejacobson

Then have you double and triple-checked that all your database tables are prefixed with wp_ ? And that all sub-site tables also include the blog ID in the prefix, like wp_2_ ?

To illustrate, here's a (loooong) screenshot of the db tables from one of my test sites. You can see how everything should be structured in a default multisite install.

• joejacobson
    • The Bug Hunter

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have tripled checked the tables. I then started checking incompatible plugins, and I found one, WPGPlus autoposting plugin. Once I deleted this plugin, most of my error message seemed to be gone.

Now, I'm working on the next challenge of getting Membership and Prosites to work together re: registration. I have a different support question in for this.

Thanks for helping me out.

Joe.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.