Error message when publishing a page or post.

I have a site where the host said I had some malware on a few of the wordpress files. So I deleted & re-uploaded those few files and seems fine.

However, when I edit a page and hit the publish button I get the following errors on a white page. The page seems to publishe fine. Any ideas on how I could trouble shoot this? Its WP 4.1.

Warning: file_get_contents(/homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-content/themes/Avada/single-wpfc_sermon.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 949

Warning: file_get_contents(/homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-content/themes/Avada/widgets/include.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php on line 949

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php:949) in /homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-admin/post.php on line 233

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-includes/class-wp-theme.php:949) in /homepages/40/d362716665/htdocs/clickandbuilds/KeoghHealthConnection/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1178
  • Michelle Shull

Hi George!

The headers not sent error is almost always caused by whitespace in your functions.php file, in your theme folder. Open that file first, and see if there is extra space at the very beginning of the file, before or within the opening PHP tag, or in the closing PHP tag at the bottom of the page. If that's not fruitful, try checking the lines in the files called by the error message, in this case class-wp-theme.php on line 949.

They're fairly common, and can be easy to get if you've done much file editing to clean up the hack.

This should fix it for you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.