Error message when trying to smash with pro

Keep getting the following error message when attempting to fix my images.

Error posting to API: cURL error 77: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)

How do I fix it?

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Ryan Morton,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

This error is usually temporary and resolved by itself after some time. Please try again after couple of minutes. If its keep happening to you then please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Ryan Morton,

Thanks for granting support staff access. I could login and see the issue on your site. I ran a plugin and theme conflict test as a basic troubleshooting on your site but this did not turn out to be a conflict. That means there is something on your server end that is not configured properly and interfering with WP Smush functionality.

However, I could see that you have already smushed 103 images and the issue is happening on only 9 images left.

Do you know what exactly you did recently on your website ? Specially, did you tried installing SSL certificate ?

If you are trying to install SSL certificate then its misconfigured. Please make sure you put the certificate on proper location and that must have sufficient permissions too.

If you are not sure how to install the certificate then please take a look at this article on our blog explaining the process. If it’s bit technical for you then please contact your host for assistance. Most hosting these days does provide automatic installation of SSL certificate from letsencrypt that is free.

Also, if you are trying to do it yourself then following answer would help you get it fixed.

https://help.nextcloud.com/t/curl-error-77-capath/4746/3

Please advice so we could move forward.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Ryan Morton,

No, you don’t need an SSL certificate specifically for WP Smush Pro plugin to work. The point is either install the SSL certificate correctly or remove the remenants at all.

If you are not exactl sure about it then the best peopel to contact and ask for further support is your hosting support.

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.