Error message while installing plugins

Hello world,
I installed 3 plugins via my admin and got the following error message
There was no error actually, I just refreshed and the plugin is well installed
But I thought you would like to know, thanks

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Steven! :slight_smile:

It's possible that Membership may have already been installed somehow on your site, typically you'd want to look at the directory where the plugin in question is installed.

In this case, as your screenshot's referring to the Membership plugin, you'd be looking to see if this folder already exists:

/wp-content/plugins/membership

Glad to hear that it's working for you anyway, hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey there Steven,

Hope you're doing well today!

Thanks for reporting this :slight_smile: I've checked on my own install and I'm not seeing the same error when installing from the dashboard.

Would you mind sharing what host you are with? Perhaps it is hosting related. Also, do you have any security or caching plugins installed? Just wanting to get a bit more information if you don't mind. That way, if this is a bug we can find it and fix it :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Steven

I hope you are well today.

It could happen if you have low memory limit and low execution time set in php.ini. In shared hosting, memory limit, execution time are limited. How many plugins do you have installed?

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Steven

One more thing I just noticed, as you are using godaddy, did you install wordpress using one click installer? If yes, they might left some script in your /wp-content/mu-plugins/ folder that responsible for object caching - that might interfere with the activation of the plugin.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.