Error message with Status plugin

Hi!
Upon Network Activating the Status plugin, I get this error message on all my sites:

Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Wdqs_PublicPages in /home/lyrixtube/public_html/wp-content/plugins/status/lib/class_wdqs_public_pages.php on line 12

There's just a white screen on the Main Site now (after trying to save settings), but the other sites are still accessible (maybe because I haven't attempted to change any plugin settings yet?)
What does the error mean and how do I get rid of it? Any help is greatly appreciated!
-hg

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Hitt-Girl,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I have installed and network activated "Status" plugin on my multisite test setup (recent WP, PHP 7.x, WP debugging enabled) and I didn't receive that error anywhere. I then checked what plugins are installed on your site and enabled some of them on my end but no luck this time too.

There's however a lot of other plugins active on the site and I think there might be a conflict so please perform a conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

That should reveal the source of conflict and I'd take it from there. I would then test it again on my end in order to find a solution.

Let me know about test result please.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Hitt-Girl

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for your reply!
    I turned on WP_DEBUG and then I deactivated all non-WPMU plugins.
    So, there are only 36 or so WPMU plugins active on the Sites right now, and there are still errors.
    It seems that the conflicting plugins are Status and CustomPress? Because when I deactivate Status and Classifieds everything is normal and there are no errors--even with the other 40 or so plugins activated.
    I can't really read all the errors because the right side is cut off in my dashboard. But, if you didn't get any errors, then what's my next step to figuring it out?
    Helpful note: Being able to create highly stylized front end custom posts is my major goal here, so I've been trying quite a few plugins to achieve this over the last 2 months, and to no avail. I have even had to stop working with Custom Press in the past because of errors, and it seems that any plugin having to do with creating custom post types causes my site to break.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Hitt-Girl!

Thank you for your replay and additional explanation.

I have now checked Status with both CustomPress only and CustomPress+Classifieds bundle enabled but still I was not able to replicate that. I believe though that I'm missing something in my tests.

Would you mind letting me access your site so I could review its configuration directly? I hope that this would help me test this on my end. To do this please enable support access by following this guide and let me know here when you're ready:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Hitt-Girl!

Thank you for granting support access.

I checked the site and while I still wasn't able to replicate the issue on my end but I noticed that your site is running on PHP 5.6.x and that would explain the error. I'm on PHP 7 with probably slightly less strict error reporting setting (that's a way my hosting provider set that) so I can't see that message.

However, in this case the message should be harmless. if you switch off WP debugging by either removing

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

line entirely from "wp-config.php" file or changing "true" to "false" it should go away. You may also add this line above "/* That's all, stop editing...*/" one in addition:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

With error "suppressed" both the plugin and the site should work fine. Take a look at my additional explanation here please:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/errors-with-quickstatus#post-1098284

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.