Error message with WP Defender

Hi,

in Admin-Backend this error is displayed:

"Notice: fwrite(): send of 91 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/staff/websites/hilfe.macbay.de/neu/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/audit-log-module/controller/class-wd-audit-logging-controller.php on line 57
"

What does it mean and how can I get rid of it?

Thank you and kind regards,
Sascha

• sushling

Hi,

it is enabled:
    http://hilfe.macbay.de/phpinfo.php

But the error-notification is still there. anything else that I could check? I could try to switch PHP from 5.5 to 5.6 or even 7.0.

But I'm afraid that my knowledge is too poor for configuring the PHP extensions and options correctly and in good time, as there are a lot which I can switch on or off, e.g.

imagick
    mysqlnd
    posix
    timezonedb
    bcmath
    imap
    nd_mysqli
    and many more, some of which are already enabled, others are disabled.

What's the trick? :wink:

Thank you,
    Sascha

• Vaughan

Hi,

I'm looking into this currently and have asked the developers.

I just went through my logs and discovered the same error message on my sites after upgrading to wp4.7

Hopefully we can get this looked at quickly.

However it is just a PHP notice, soshouldn't prevent the plugin working.

You can hide the notice from the screen by adding the following to your wp-config.php

Find the line for WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php & set it to true.

Now add the following lines below it, so that it looks like:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Now all Debug notices will instead be written to a file called debug.log in your /wp-content folder rather than being output to screen.

Hope this helps

• sushling

Hello,

I have granted access to WPMUDEV on ledorf.de, as I don't know how to solve these errors:

"Notice: fwrite(): send of 86 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/b80063/public_html/ledorf.de/wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/audit-log-module/controller/class-wd-audit-logging-controller.php on line 56

Notice: fwrite(): send of 86 bytes failed with errno=1 Operation not permitted in /home/b80063/public_html/ledorf.de/wp/wp-content/plugins/wp-defender/app/module/audit-log-module/controller/class-wd-audit-logging-controller.php on line 56"

Please help me fixing :slight_smile:

Thank you and kind regards,
    Sascha

• Vaughan

Hi,

Can you please add the following lines to your wp-config.php as I mentioned in my previous post.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

You will need to use your FTP software or your servers CPanel filemanager to find the file and edit it.

The file is usually in your sites root folder, usually called public_html

That should then prevent the error notices displaying.

Thanks