error messages Fatal error:

When I go to log on to my website stats or updates I am getting the following messgae.

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /data/9/4/86/14/4575992/user/5420908/htdocs/wordpress1/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/includes/admin/templates/underscore-macros-list.php on line 5

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Dan Mitchell,

When I go to log on to my website stats or updates I am getting the following messgae.

I'm not able to replicate such an issue, the error seems to be generating from the SmartCrawl plugin. Could you please specify the steps to replicate the issue, so that I could give a closer look. If you aren't sure on how to replicate, please enable support access, so that we could have a better idea on this issue.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Dan Mitchell
      • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have renamed folder for your plugin (via http://FTP... just to get site up and running) and I am now able to get into admin of WordPress.
      I do updates daily and just had performed your latest update when the issue began.
      Possibly an update issue?

I have granted access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access

Thanks in advance!
      Dan

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Dan Mitchell,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I do updates daily and just had performed your latest update when the issue began.
    Possibly an update issue?

Most probably a plugin conflict, would recommend you to please disable all the plugins, and switch to a default WordPress theme, and then enable SmartCrawl plugin, and check whether you are able to replicate the same error.

If not, please enable other plugins one-by-one, and see which plugin breaks the system. Since it seems to be a live site, I didn't make any such test in your system.

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could have a better idea about this issue. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.