error msg on custom dashboard widget

I am getting the following error message in a Custom Dashboard Widget I created:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/p/m/p/pmp47/html/patriotstarus/wp-content/plugins/custom-content-dashboard-widget/custom-content-dashboard-widget.php(57) : eval()’d code on line 1

Also, does Custom Dashboard Widget publish automatically to all blogs/sites within the network? I am hoping it does or that you can create one that does as I am trying to give guidance to editors and writers.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi y3kgeek,

The widget is indeed published throughout your network, it’s made available to all users on all dashboards by default.

As Jack mentioned, the error you’re receiving seems to do with the content you’ve posted and I’m sure we can assist with that if you’d like to post that code here.

Cheers,

David

• jdsullivan411
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

1. Error Message:

This is what I posted in the widget:

1. Customize SEO Settings

When you log into your Dashboard, you’ll see a red alert msg at the top reminding you to activate your SEO Settings. Click on the admin link in that message and add the following:

Title: Patriot Star News – Truth & Liberty | YOUR SITE TITLE

Description: YOUR BRIEF DESCRIPTION. Patriot Star News Network. Submit news releases and tips.

2. Network Wide Posting:

I installed/actived the plugin in my Network Admin. I could not find any place in Network Admin where I could configure the widget. I did find it in my Site Admin for patriotstarnews.us. Right now just a few, but soon will have several (sub) sites. It is going to be a tedious pain to have to configure a widget for each sub site. So how do I set it so the widget appears across the patriotstarnews.us network and all sub sites? On for example patriotstarnews.us/paleocrat, patriotstarnews.us/mi-grandrapids, etc.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we’ll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.