ERROR NOTICE: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly.

I'm relatively new to WordPress and am not a PHP programmer, though I can do a few simple tasks in PHP. I've customized a site for a client, and it's been working fine for several months now, but we are now getting this error:

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the
wp_enqueue_scripts
admin_enqueue_scripts
, or
login_enqueue_scripts
hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/walnaweb01a/b2815/moo.tylerhjones/cc/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3246

Could you possibly help me figure out what needs to be done to fix this? I have searched for a solution, and tried disabling the plug-ins, one at a time, with no improvement.

I also updated 5 plug-ins, but that didn't help either.

This is the site, and you can see the error at the top of the page.
http://www.carmichaelconsulting.net/

If you need the login, please advise how I can send that to you privately.

Thank you so much!
elizabeth

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @webdesyne, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

I'm not seeing that notice on your site presently, did you change something in the meantime? Perhaps you had WP_DEBUG set to true in your wp-config.php, and now it's set to false?

When you were doing the plugin testing, did you try disabling all of the plugins on your site? If so, then it sounds like the theme's generating that notice.

Before we go any further, let me ask... do you need any more help with this? :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.