"Error occurred, link panel switch to new style" - on slider element

Greetings! I tried to add a link to the slider element and got the error mentioned in the title (see screenshot). I saw a previous thread with a similar issue but for a button element and the suggestion was to clear the browser cache. I tried that here but did not help.

Hope this isn't a major issue!

Much Love
Ciro Bey

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Ciro

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Its most commonly due to browser cache or cookies issue. Have you tried checking it with a different browser ? What browser you are own, also you on Windows or Mac ?

Please grant support access so I can take a closer look. You could grant access from WPMUDEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see below manual.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Ciro

Thanks for granting support staff access. I checked your site, but could not reproduce this issue. Links are working fine for me.

If the issue persist, can you please record screencast and post that here. That will be helpful for me to better understand the issue and hopefully could provide you a workaround.

Cheers, Sajid

• Ciro Bey
    • WordPress Warrior

@Sajid
    I re-checked different browsers as well. Also updated Upfront to the latest version but still get the same issue.

How could I do a screencast? There's not much too it on my end. I do the following.

1. Go to already placed slider widget or create a new one
    2. click on the edit link icon in the bottom left

and that is where the issue arises. It gives me the error in the screenshot in the OP. A screencast would look very similar to that screenshot.

Hope all is well with you!

Much Love
    Ciro Bey

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Ciro

Thanks providing more details. I was checking with main slider. I could replicate this issue on my own site. Therefore I am marking it as confirmed bug and notifying the developer so it can be patched up for next version of this theme. I am sorry, I am unable to provide firm ETA here but bugs are our first priority always. So hopefully it will be get fixed soon.

Please keep an eye on this thread for more details and follow-up messages or see WPMUDEV > Updates to stay updated.

Cheers, Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @TelaKayne,

This is already fixed in the version 0.2 of spirit theme. Please update to latest version of both upfront and child theme too and then check.

If the issue still exist then please start your own thread so we can assist you there.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.