Error on .../blogs-mu/functions.php on line 129

Hi all,
I just installed both the Blogs MU Theme and the Blogs MU Child Theme.
For my main site I activated the Blogs MU Child Theme.
What I get under the footer is:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_network_home_url() in .../wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/functions.php on line 129

I use it on a fresh Wordpress 3.1.3, multisite with NO BuddyPress installation.
Both themes are only activated on the main site.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

Bonus questions:
1. Is there a manual on how to configure the specific (Blogs MU) theme? With /out BuddyPress.
2. Especially the page templates. I must say I got confused on when/how to use Blog and News/ Members login templates or even if
3. I should have a static page as the Home page and a different one for the posts. Actually, I will NOT have any posts since this is my main network area. So how do I handle that?
Thanx again.

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Sorry to ask again, but.....

MUST I have to have BuddyPress installed FIRST anyway for the theme to work properly?
    I mean the theme says:

Works perfectly with: WordPress 3.1.3, Multisite, BuddyPress 1.2.8

Not that BuddyPress is a requirement.

Any ideas? Anyone?

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi marikamitsos
    the new version 1.2.5 should fixed this issue along with some minor js and css bug.

get_network_home_url() did not exist...should be network_home_url() only

the theme work with or without buddypress and under single or multisite installation.

visit our manual page for any create page or setup homepage tutorial

• marikamitsos
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Richie and thank you for the reply,

1. Is there something I can do to patch it just now? And where exactly should that be?
    2. Any ideas on what the time schedule is on upgrading the theme?
    3. I am aware of the "Manual Page". Still I was under the impression that there is a pdf I can download, print out and have it right next to me on my desk. It is so much easier. Is it somewhere to be found?

Thanks again,
    marikamitsos

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi
    the theme already updated...you can download the latest version 1.2.5 or
    you can just replace new version functions.php only.

@manual page
    we do not have this features at the moment..all wpmudev manual are in writing only.
    i do recall a wordpress tutorial site which offered paid pdf tutorial downloads...forget
    the site name already...try google them out:slight_smile:

my best choice for learning more about wordpress would be the wordpress codex...even
    i take a peek there from time to time for any new functions especially multisite one

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.