Error on going to login page after account verification by email

I'm getting an error upon going to login page after account verification by email.
The temporary page with the link to the signup is here.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare login_header() (previously declared in /home/barbertime/public_html/wp-login.php:33) in /home/barbertime/public_html/wp-content/plugins/anti-splog/includes/blog-suspended-template.php on line 210

The verification question works well, and I get the email. When I follow the link (which I do on testing by copying it from the email and put it in the address bar) the verified pages shows up, but when I follow the link to login, I get this error (IE 11-- I want to stay logged in as admin in Chrome.) Using Salient for a theme.

Any thoughts?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello awemaker,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think the most probable reason here is a theme and/or plugin conflict. The error you're getting indicates that some data (http headers) had been sent prematurely and this usually is because of either some bugs in custom code used or by conflicting plugins/themes.

That said, I'd like to ask you to run a full conflict test by following the steps below:

- if you're using any caching plugin such as W3 Total Cache or similar, please empty all caches and disable it
    - revert to the default Twenty Fifteen plugin and see if it helped
    - if it didn't, disable all plugins at once (except Anit-Splog) and then enable them one by one, each time checking for an issue

This should help us identify the main culprit here and further investigate the issue.

Let me know of the results, please!

Best regards,
    Adam

• awemaker

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the delay- I expected that my reply to the email would be auto-posted here. Doh.

I did as you asked and deactivated / network deactivated all plugs (save for anti-splog) and then went to the 2015 theme. It was still generating the same error under the same conditions.

It would appear that theme & plugin incompatibility is a non-issue.

Further info on those conditions: the blog created IS flagged as a splog (I used a pattern-matched site domain name AND username to get it flagged.) Then, from the email link, I go to the verification page, then on to the login page from the link on the page showing activation success. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again for having a look. Let me know if you need access, but you can get the error from a new signup, I'd assume. The pattern-matching for splogs is unchanged.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello awemaker!

Absolutely no problem regarding delay here :slight_smile:

Thanks for running a conflict test. I really hoped that we'll be able to identify some interfering module here but after all at least potential conflict has been eliminated :slight_smile:

I tried to test your site once again by registering a site but I never got confirmation e-mail, so this may be another issue worth investigation (may be related). I think that I'd like to take a closer look at your setup so would you please grant me a support access using our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin?

To do this, please follow this guide:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know here when you're ready!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello awemaker,

Thanks for granting access!

I took a look at your site's settings and everything seems fine there, at least at first glance. One last thing I'd like you to ask before I go any further would be to make sure that you've followed Anti-Splog install guide precisely as this plugin needs some special attention :slight_smile:

Please take a look here and double-check everything:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/anti-splog/#product-usage

Also, it would be great if you could give a plugin such as "WP Mail SMTP" a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/

That's because even though I checked your site and its settings I wasn't able to make registration confirmation e-mail to work (I'm not getting them on any Gmail account).

Let me know of the results please!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.