Error on installing WPMU Plugin on Local Host

I am trying to create a test environment for wordpress. But when I try to install the WPMU Dashboard plugin, it show the following error.

" This local development site url has previously been registered with WPMU DEV by the user Adam(a**m@aznetworx.com). To use this site url, connect with the original user or upgrade your trial to a full membership. Alternatively, try a more uniquely named development site url. Contact support if you need further assistance.?

Please help.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello rosh,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for letting us know that it’s working for you now.

Just for future reference: in case of local installs it’s always good to remember to use rather unique URLS, so instead of typical “locahost” the install is under e.g. “localhost/my_dev_site_007” or something like this. It’s because there cannot be the same domain registered at the same time with multiple members’ accounts on our platform :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello!

I’m not sure what is the URL of the site currently but if it comes to locally hosted sites it’s most likely the same issue as previously. If you e.g. kept WPMU DEV Dashboard disabled on that site for some longer time the site URL might have been released and registered by somebody else.

It’s still the local site, right? Is it possible that you tried to change it’s URL again to something very unique?

Kind regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.