error on multisite install

Hi, I am getting the following error while trying to install multisite:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 786432) (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/appmarke/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 128

I am paying close to $90 / month for the follwing vps setup at 6sync.com

kilo
1024memory

2 CPU
40 GB storage
600 GB transfer

$40/mo (add 15 for cpanel, 30 bucks for managed)

I was surprised that I got this error on install; I am nervous that I am not getting what I paid for from my hosting provider (I am relatively new to this...etc.) but have a full working version of my site on my localhost but will be rebuilding the network from scratch on my server...

Any thoughts?

• cmccb
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

HI Chris, Thanks for your reply. I have attached my error log -- would you be so kind as to take a quick peek at it? I am working with them to get it fixed now, but I am wondering if it was a setup issue on their end or my mistake? I had yet to run install.php -- this happened just as I was uploading the wordpress files....

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi cmccb,

The error log's mostly filled with the following:

[Thu Aug 18 17:40:02 2011] [error] [client 99.174.251.213] File does not exist: /home/appmarke/public_html/404.shtml
    [Thu Aug 18 17:40:02 2011] [error] [client 99.174.251.213] File does not exist: /home/appmarke/public_html/favicon.ico
    [Thu Aug 18 17:40:02 2011] [error] [client 99.174.251.213] File does not exist: /home/appmarke/public_html/500.shtml

I wouldn't imagine WordPress would try to call those files (except maybe favicon.ico). Would you happen to know what's trying to call those files?
    [EIDT: Whoops, those files are simply error pages. Figuring out the rest of the issues mentioned should resolve this.]

The following error seemed odd though:
    [Thu Aug 18 13:40:30 2011] [error] [client 65.52.110.44] File does not exist: /home/appmarke/public_html/wp-signup.php

If you try to go to yourdomain.com/wp-signup.php or even yourdomain.com/wp-admin do you get a 404 error page?

If so, you might have some corrupted or missing WordPress files such as the wp-signup.php file, which you can get from the latest version download.

That said, the main issue you mentioned in your original post might just have to do with how many plugins you have active. Did you have a lot of plugins active? If so, can you try disabling them momentarily to see if the main issue goes away?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.