Error on registration

Hello I am setting up my Membership site. I have configured my membership levels, subscriptions and a visitor level. However when I try to test the sign up process using the Popup Registration Form, after clicking a subscription and expecting to see the popup form, I get a popup with the following error and I won't proceed to the welcome form.

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'membershippublic::popover_sendpayment_form' was given in /home/tawanda/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 405

If I user the "Original Membership form" option, I get an error "Page not found" as it will be pointing to a page: http:myurl.com/downloadswelcome/. I don't know why it points to that page when my welcome page is set as just "Welcome". Please see screenshot.

I have tried several things including putting no restriction options on my levels including the visitor level to no avail. My subscription is active, the level is active, one payment gateway (freesubscriptions is active). Please advise as soon as possible.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @tawanda

Thank you for being a member of our community and posting to the forum.

I have to agree with @digitsoft about the possibility of a plugin conflict. When looking at the error message I am wondering what this php file is for:

/home/tawanda/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php

Please check to see what plugin is running from this as I don't think this file should be in the wp-includes folder. This might actually be where the problem lies.

Look forward to your reply and assisting further.

All the best!

Gina

• tawanda
    • Flash Drive

I have made sure that the only plugins (active or inactive ) on the installation are 1. Buddypress and Membership but I still have the same issue. I have attached herewith the file referred to in /home/tawanda/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php

Kindly help.

• tawanda
    • Flash Drive

Ok the file could not attach. Herewith the top part of the file and an extract from around line 405 where the error is coming from.

<?php
    /**
    * The plugin API is located in this file, which allows for creating actions
    * and filters and hooking functions, and methods. The functions or methods will
    * then be run when the action or filter is called.
    * The API callback examples reference functions, but can be methods of classes.
    * To hook methods, you'll need to pass an array one of two ways.
    * Any of the syntaxes explained in the PHP documentation for the
    * {@link http://us2.php.net/manual/en/language.pseudo-types.php#language.types.callback 'callback'}
    * type are valid.
    * Also see the {@link http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API Plugin API} for
    * more information and examples on how to use a lot of these functions.
    * @package WordPress
    * @subpackage Plugin
    * @since 1.5
    */

/**
    * Hooks a function or method to a specific filter action.
    * Filters are the hooks that WordPress launches to modify text of various types
    * before adding it to the database or sending it to the browser screen. Plugins
    * can specify that one or more of its PHP functions is executed to
    * modify specific types of text at these times, using the Filter API.
    * To use the API, the following code should be used to bind a callback to the
    * filter.

// Sort
    if ( !isset( $merged_filters[ $tag ] ) ) {
    ksort($wp_filter[$tag]);
    $merged_filters[ $tag ] = true;
    }

reset( $wp_filter[ $tag ] );

do {
    foreach ( (array) current($wp_filter[$tag]) as $the_ )
    if ( !is_null($the_['function']) )
    <strike>call_user_func_array($the_['function'], array_slice($args, 0, (int) </strike>$the_['accepted_args']));

} while ( next($wp_filter[$tag]) !== false );

array_pop($wp_current_filter);
    }

The stricken line is line 405 where the problem is coming from.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @tawanda

Thank you for giving me the code for the plugin.php file. I will look into this.

In order to investigate further, please let me know what version of WordPress and BuddyPress you're running. Also, do you have a single or Multisite install?

Look forward to receive your feedback.

Gina

• fredcadena
    • New Recruit

I am having the same issue. If I have the membership protection disabled the registration form works fine. If I enable membership protection I get the following error with the 'pop-up' form:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'membershippublic::popover_sendpayment_form' was given in /home/ypcdev/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 405

The 'original' form works with no issues.

I am running a brand-new installation of WP (3.3.2) - I literally downloaded it last night and set up the site today to test the membership plugin (along with buddypress) as a possible replacement for a PHPFox site I have been using for a while (and am tired of maintaining).

Would love to hear any thoughts people have.

Thanks!!

Fred

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

I was just experimenting and this seemed to work as expected for me.

Are you guys using the free gateway alongside other gateways enabled?

If so then please disable that and try again.

Please advise how that works for you, if it doesn't then I would like to take a closer look if that is ok.

Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there! :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see how things are going with this one and if you need any further help. :slight_smile:

Thread is currently marked as resolved however if you have more questions or need some more help then please feel free to reopen this thread or create a new one and we will be more than happy to offer assistance. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.