error on snapshot: it gots blank

Hi team,
I am trying to create a backup using snapshot pro. It seems to be working until it reaches 34%, when it goes blank all of a sudden (the favicon changes to loading and the progress is not shown anymore).
I have set a Google Drive folder but there is enough space (more than 1GB)

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Sara

Looks like there is an error generated. Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now try to take a backup again. If any error is generated, that will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Sara

Hope you're having a great day!

In order to better help you with your issue, we need to have a closer look at your site. Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look at your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please, let us know once you'll do this.

Also, just to make sure no other plugin is causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test? To know more about plugin conflict test, you can check this guide (you will have to scroll down a bit to the E. Plugin Conflict Test and F. Theme Conflict Test sections): https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2
    Let us know about results.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska
    • Support & QA

Hi Sara

I've checked your site and I was able to replicate the issue. I see that it happens when Snapshot processing your media uploads folder. When I'm excluding this folder from the backup, it completes successfully. Can you tell me what is the size of your wp-content/uploads/ folder and what's the largest folder in there? It's possible that server can't handle the request if the folder is really big and that's why it fails.

I also found that it fails due to the 500 Internal Server error. The error itself doesn't give us much information, but it means that there is a Fatal Error on the server side, not sure why it wasn't logged to the debug.log file.

I'd like to move forward with helping you with this issue. However, this is going to require some deeper debugging in order to resolve this issue. In order to do this, I need a little more information.
    Can you please provide me with access to that server so I can perform more advanced debugging?

You can send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Katya Tsihotska"

WordPress Admin login:
    - Admin username
    - Admin password
    - Login url

Hosting Control Panel Login
    - Admin username
    - Admin password
    - Login URL

FTP credentials
    - host
    - username
    - password
    - (and port if required)

-link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.