Error posting to API: cURL error 6: name lookup timed out

I'm getting an error that says "Error posting to API: cURL error 6: name lookup timed out" when trying to Smush images.

• Sajid

Hello Frank,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry to hear you are getting this error message. This is most likely a temporary error that goes away automatically.

Please try after some time. If it still not working then please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

• Sajid

Hello Frank,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry for confusion, I mean to say that it is mostly cached by server DNS that keeps giving you this error. I personally never get this error on my own test sites.

Also, this means your host must have CURL enabled and fsock is open. This is required for WP Smush pro plugin to work.

Our servers are managed and we have a dedicated team who monitor the servers 24/7. That does not mean it is 100%, but it is 99% up.

If you could enable support staff access then I will be able to take a closer look and determine why exactly it is not working.

To grant access go to Dashboard -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and look forward towards your response :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support