Error received after installing Pop Up Pro

I received this error in the header of my pages after installing Pop Up Pro. Any ideas what I should do?

Open(/tmp/sess_a5bf6454f7578ad53479356449a2e6f4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/setter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/popover/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php on line 114

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/setter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/popover/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php:114) in /home/setter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/popover/inc/external/wpmu-lib/inc/class-thelib.php on line 114

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Steve Morin, Michael here! :slight_smile:

From the errors you've shared, it sounds like there's a permissions problem with your site's temporary directory, I'd want to contact your host about that, and have them make sure that the folder's writable.

(and of course, share with them the errors you've received)

The temporary directory that PHP uses is usually defined by the session-save-path variable:

http://php.net/manual/en/session.configuration.php#ini.session.save-path

If your host allows for setting up a custom php.ini, you may wish to have them set up one for your site, with a custom session.save-path.

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Steve Morin
      • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Michael,
      I worked with my hosting company last night on this to see if we could fix it. The hosting company reset the permissions as I explained the problem. They felt the problem might be a plugin conflict after they reset all the permissions. Can you help me figure out this problem? Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Steve Morin, no problem, thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Next two questions:

#1: Do you happen to have WP_DEBUG set to true? You can check this by logging into your site via FTP, and opening up your wp-config.php, you'd be looking for this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

You'd want to set that to false, like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

If it's already set to that though, then my next question would be...

#2: Is PHP set to display errors? If you're not sure, then seeing as you have our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin installed, inside your site's Dashboard, you can go to:

WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info

And check out the "display_errors" entry there.

If it's set to 1, you can try inserting this directly below the WP_DEBUG define inside your site's wp-config.php:

@ini_set('display_errors',0);

If that doesn't change things, you'll want to contact your host about that, as leaving something like WP_DEBUG or the display_errors directive active can cause issues like this.

Let me know if this helps please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.