Error restoring backup Snapshot Pro

Hi WPMU,

I have just bought a new VPS at another hosting provider, and want to migrate my site to the new VPS.

I have uploaded a backup file to the /snapshots folder and have found it in Managed Backups.

When I press Restore, it stops after "Fetching File". It has already passed the requirements.

What is the problem?

Thanks!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ali,

I have uploaded a backup file to the /snapshots folder and have found it in Managed Backups.

If that file was not managed backup then you cannot restore it from there. You have to follow instruction for restoration from usage page under the "Where Are My Snapshots? Can I Restore Them?" https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/#product-usage

If that file is managed backup try restoring it directly outside of the WordPress admin dashboard - with use of the snapshot-standalone-restore-script that you can grab from HUB

Please note that Snapshot at the moment is more backup tool and migrating from one server to another when domain is also different might not go well. But our developers are working now to make Snapshot tool also for migrations.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Ali
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kasia,

How about if I want to restore the site on the same domain, but on a different server. Would that be better?

I have also tried doing the restoration from the snapshot-installer.php, but it wont go pass the "Re-test" even though I have entered all the information correctly.

What can be the cause of this?

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Ali,

With the same domain it should work - would you mind allowing support access to both sites so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I have also tried doing the restoration from the snapshot-installer.php, but it wont go pass the "Re-test" even though I have entered all the information correctly.

Are there any specific errors showing?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.