Error using accented words in the search field.

Hello!

When I type a word with an accent in my search field, an error occurs. I got in touch with my hosting and they reported that there is a problem in my wordpress application.

See attached images

See the response from my server:
As I have verified that in your wordpress application its not recognizing foreign characters and query string that its converting the content in this format
%22c%C3%A3es%22 09:58:20 pm
There fore I suggest you to consult it with your developer to check the uni code character settings are supporting on codes

How to solve this?
Abs,
Josimar

• Sajid

Hello JOSIMAR,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

It is working just fine for me on my own test site. I have a page with Rações in and searching with this term get me that page successfully. I don't have any special setup for this to work, its just normal/usual WordPress install.

See the link below:
    http://jwebsol.com/wpmu/?s=Ra%C3%A7%C3%B5es

This is how WordPress handles the request by converting the foreign characters into these strings, nothing unusual in it.
    22c%C3%A3es%22

However, you can still try to make a plugin and theme conflict test on your website as described in our getting support manual (flowchart) first to make sure its not happening due to a conflict.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support