Error when changing user membership status

Hi there, I'm testing the membership status' before importing user/membership info from another site, but I'm getting this error when I try to edit the status of a member when I go to All Members > Subscription Details > Select deactivate, or expired, or anything really. See screenshot of what happens. Please let me know what might be wrong or need to be fixed, thank you.

Support access granted as well.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Tyler

Can you create a fresh admin account and delete the current one and try doing this from the new account ? I've read the error message and looks like its tied to the current user account.

Also please try a plugin conflict test as detailed here ? Please use a default theme when doing this

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

I don't want to use support access as I cant recover a fatal error if it happens again. Let me know if this works

Cheers
    Jude

• Tyler
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Alright, well when trying that, this error came up, and now can't click on anything on backend...

Fatal error: Call to a member function has_cap() on boolean in /home/konnect6/public_html/anza/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-site.php on line 1686

• Tyler

Okay so it seems it's your Membership Dashboard that's causing all my issues. When I remove it, everything works perfectly. Would recommend a fix, won't re-install that if it's causing all these issues (this wasn't the only issue).

Thanks.

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey @Tyler

Thanks for pointing this out.

Can you briefly describe the steps you took to get this error ? I'll test it locally and report it if its a bug. From what I've understood so far you need to turn on the dashboard and M2 and delete a membership ?

Cheers
    Jude

• Tyler

Okay so I did exactly as you described first off:
    - Created a new admin user
    - Logged out and back in with new user
    - Went to delete the old admin (and chose to assign all posts to new admin)
    - Immediately showed that error message that I copied.
    - Tried to click a link, same message

Then:
    - Deleted Membership Pro and Dashboard from FTP
    - Everything was back to normal
    - Downloaded new files from site (both of them), uploaded new copies of both plugins to folder via FTP
    - Immediately the error came back, without doing anything
    - Deleted Dashboard plugin from FTP, everything all good and working with no issues.

Hope that helps, thanks.

The new dashboard does look and work great, so hoping to be able to get it back!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Tyler, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Okay, let's work backwards here:

#1: The has_cap issue.

This one I can reproduce as a bug, a workaround we can use, though, would be to first use this plugin to get the ID for your new admin user:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/reveal-ids-for-wp-admin-25/

(you'd want to visit your Users page after installing that)

And then, once you've got the ID, you'd want to insert this into your site's wp-config.php:

define('WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '4');

(replacing the 4 there with the ID for your new admin user)

With that (hopefully) sorted, let's go back to this:

#2: The error displayed when changing membership status.

Could you let me know how I could reproduce this one? I tried to do this with both Membership 2 Pro & our Dashboard plugin, and I haven't been able to reproduce this yet. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.