Error when enabling membership after new site creation

Hi, I have setup my wordpress multisite website where users, can create their own membership websites.

I am using the wpmu membership plugin. I have setup pro-sites and have membership as a premium plugin.

When a new website is created, using sub-domains. Then when the user pays for the upgrade to Pro, the plugins are enabled.

Then when the user logs in for the first time, the admin bar provides a link/button "Enable Membership" pointing to "http://test5.membershipblogs.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership&action=activate&_wpnonce=27246511d8"

When I click that button I get an error "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." I am logged in with the user that created this site, so this user is admin on this site.

When I go back and perform the action again, it works and the membership plugin is enabled.

1. What could be the cause of this problem?

2. Is there a way where this step can be avoided, i.e. when the user pays and becomes pro, the membership plugins is automatically enabled?

Thanks, Best Regards,
Santosh

• PC

Hello there Santosh,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Activating Membership plugin is a 2 step process which can not be done in a single step as Pro Sites can only activate the Membership plugin but can not Enable it.

The reason its designed in such a way is that the site admin has a better control on when to Enable the plugin to start protecting the site.

So I'd recommend you not to activate Membership plugin with a new site creation. If you leave that deactivated, that would be better as when the site admin activates the plugin just after site creation, it would take him to the Membership plugin configuration page and he can easily configure the plugin.

Can you please check and advise if that approach would work for you ?

Cheers, PC

• Santosh

Dear PC,

Thanks for your response, yes the approach is fine for me.

I just thought (since i will be selling membership websites to non-technical users) it would be easier for novice users if we could reduce a step, but I do see a point, the membership protection does need to be started when the admin would like to, so that's cool.

However, the first time I click on the enable membership button I get an error "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

But the second time it works.

Any idea why that may be happening.

Thanks, Best Regards,
    Santosh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.