Error when installing WPMU DEV Plugin

I tried installing the WPMU DEV Plugin so updates can be done through the dashboard but I am getting the following error:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wjccscho/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/update-notifications.php on line 2259

I'm a paid member but it seems like it's not showing that … any help will be greatly appreciated!

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy @ronnie Showah

Hope you are doing great, make sure you are using the same email address in both places. If that does not work, log out. Uninstall the plugin, clear cache on the server and browser and then reinstall it.

THEN

1: Login to your site.

2: Click on WPMU DEV Dashboard

3: Go to Manage

4: Click on Edit against the API key (

5: It will then show you a login screen and you need to login with your username and your password.

At this point you should have full membership.

Cheers

Jude

• Ronnie Showah
    • Flash Drive

I’m still receiving the error, I’ve cleared the server and browser cache, uninstalled and everything. I have the plugin installed on another site of mine (not multisite) but continue to receive these errors on the multisite install – any ideas?

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey Ronnie

Sorry about the delay. I was a bit busy over the weekend and we’ve been experiencing an unusually high volume of tickets these last few days. This somehow slipped through the gaps.

I just went ahead and reset your account and also reset the API key. It should work now. You can try again now. Also please use this email which you used during registration

ron*******wah@wjc*****ols.org

Cheers

Jude

• Ronnie Showah
    • Flash Drive

Hi there, I still receive the same error. Could it be because I’m installing the plugin at the Super User level? I’m not quite sure where the issue can be.

I also noticed that when I chose to install this from the website “http://www.wjccschools.org/web” is appearing, the only one we should have is “wjccschools.org” and “webdesk.wjccschools.org”.

Regards

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ronnie Showah, Michael here!

Sure do appreciate your abundant patience on this one, hope you're doing well this evening. :slight_smile:

It sounds like we're going to need to do some deeper digging here, could I ask you to send in the following via our secure contact form, so we can do that?

– Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett

– Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.

– Link back to this thread

– Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)

– Include cPanel log-in details (hostname, username & password)

– Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch, looking forward to your response! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ronnie Showah, thanks for sending that in! :slight_smile:

I’ve done some poking around, and so far, it seems to be something with the site, rather than your account (as not only did your account details work on my test site, but when I tried testing with my own account details on your site, I ran into the same problem you’ve been having).

Disabled all of the plugins temporarily, but found that didn’t change things (didn’t touch the theme yet though, seeing as it’s midday, I’d advise trying to disable all of the other plugins yourself, and switch to a default theme temporarily, when it’s convenient).

One thought that does come to mind would be the version of WordPress you’re running, I’d want to see if any update would help resolve things here.

If that doesn’t work, then it sounds like we’re going to want to call in our second level support staff on this one, as the cause of this issue seems to be a deeper one.

Please advise,

Michael

• Ronnie Showah
    • Flash Drive

Hi there,

I don’t believe this to be a theme issue, I think it has some kind of issue with the Multisite Install. I have this also activated and installed on a subdomain (not a multisite install) and it is working without any errors. Is there a way that I can ensure manually that the install is indeed uninstalled and deleted before trying to reinstall it (checking the MySQL database and Server to delete any tables, files, etc.) Perhaps there is something corrupt in a database or a file that’s causing the issues?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @ronnie Showah,

At this point, I’m thinking that it’s either something with the WordPress install itself (I’m still seeing that it’s at version 4.2.5), or if an update doesn’t resolve it, then it’d be something on the server itself, perhaps the database.

You can do a check & repair of your database by following this article (though having a backup of your database would be advised):

http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/databases/check-repair-database

You can also add this to your site’s wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true );

And navigate to this location on your site (replacing mysite.com with the domain for your site):

mysite.com/wp-admin/maint/repair.php

And do a repair from WordPress itself.

I’d still be curious about doing an update for WordPress, and seeing if that helps, could you give that a try as well, if the repairs don’t change things?

Please advise,

Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.