Error when purchasing a product with Paypal

Receiving this error:

There was a problem connecting to PayPal to setup your purchase. Please try again.
• 579040 - The receivers militarymamasmarketplace@gmail.com and militarymamasmarketplace@gmail.com can't belong to the same PayPal account

Happens when we go to check out with paypal when a product is purchased. I don't know where to change it. It's from the TTFront end.

Is this where the store owners e-mail goes? If so, where do we need to change it? We need to know where the code goes in for autoset up with ID blog number.

I'm almost there. We have the Prosite working and got it to go into the correct area. The last part is the PayPal issue. Then I need some testers to see if they have issues too

Response from Theme Tailors:

Hi,

you are trying to use the same paypal account to pay and to get paid. Paypal doesn’t allow that.

Our plugin doesn’t modify anything to marketpress settings, so please for assistance setting up WPMUDEV plugins, ask for support to wpmudev forum ppl.

Thanks,

Paolo

• Mark

@militarymama

Hi there! Your request is a wee bit confusing. You didn't say whether you had verified if the PayPal account email addresses are indeed different. Can you confirm that they are? Or you can't confirm because you can't find them? The admin email notification email address does not have anything to do with the email address associated with PayPal. If I'm not mistaken, that info is all under Store Settings>>Payments. But what's your set up? Are you in sandbox mode? Using chained payments perhaps? Have you read this forum topic - it contains the same error message as the one you received.

Mark

• militarymama

Ok- Everything worked before I purchased the TTfrontend. ( I love the frontend for the new member)

I had the marketpress and prosite working together and I added the blog template. I didn't like the way the blog template worked for the new member. I needed something that was SUPER simple for the stay at home mom. I wanted a cookie cutter site. All the testing and purchasing worked fine. I have my Paypal api credentials. I was all set to launch the site, except wasn't new member friendly.

Anyway, I purchased the TTfrontend. We couldn't get the prosite working with it at first. Now it's working with it and the Prosite sign in membership levels falls in the right place now. There is something missing somewhere with the PayPal settings.

Testing:
    Ok, so we registered a new site
    Was prompted to pay with Paypal for membership level Prosite ( Worked)
    Then we were brought to add products to your store (Perfect)
    We did that (Entered new products)
    Then we went to test to purchase an item

That's when we get the error. The customer doesn't even get to the part to add their personal PayPal address. The issue error above comes up.

We have something somewhere not set correctly.

When we contacted Theme Tailors Front end owner, he said he doesn't touch the part with the PayPal information he keeps everything WPMU DEV has for Marketpress for that part the same.

• Timothy Bowers

Nah your using the same email account registered with Paypal.

The error says that, and Theme Tailors are spot on there as well.

The network admin:

Admin --> Network --> Settings --> MarketPress

Has your Chained Payment email address.

Then:

Admin --> Products --> Store Settings --> Payments [tab]

You then have the same Paypal address there.

Paypal can't split two payments between the same account.

If they are different then you must be using that same email address as the customer account.

Either way you can't pay yourself.

If this is for testing then use the sandbox mode.

If you wish to test a live mode then you need to get yourself another Paypal account to test with.

Thanks.

• militarymama

It's not sandbox it's live. We are using chained payments.

We have the api credientials set up in Prosite. Is there a spot for that in Marketpress too?

I just don't get it. It totally worked before we added the TTfrontend. Everything functioned. Registration to be a seller, Prosite membership, adding items to the store and coming in a a customer and checking out. We actually had friends use their paypal account to purchase bogus items. We must have a glitch somewhere.

I wish I could have someone go in an check it out to see what in the world we are doing wrong.

We have all the above set correctly.

We even removed the e-mail and we are getting a new error.

There's something missing when the new marketpress seller register's their site, where does their e-mail go and how is the paypal account determined? We don't know where it shows up. If under where the chained payments goes, is this picked up when they register their account to sell products?

Can an IT person please go in and check out what is going on?

Totally frustrated and ready to throw in the towel. I have been round and round with this. Been working on this site since April. GRRR>>>

• militarymama

Where does the new owners e-mail go when they register?

We are doing the front end management.. It has to get added somehow, but where. We don't want the new store owner to have to manually enter their e-mail address. IS this possible to bypass? I only want them to enter their products & shipping cost.

We need under Products-store setting-payments- requires a Paypal e-mail address. We need this Paypal field to be populated

My IT dude needs:

We need to be able to pull the PayPal Email Address that is updated on the Products -> Store Settings -> Payments screen. We need to be able to check to see that it has be populated. If it has not been populated, then we need to get the registered user's email for the site and populate the PayPal Email Address with that value for the site.

Where do we get that. If we get this part we are good to go.

• Timothy Bowers

We don't want the new store owner to have to manually enter their e-mail address. IS this possible to bypass?

How else will you know it?

You'd only know my paypal email address if I gave it you, I don't use that address for anything else.

Would you be guessing what their Paypal email is to populate that field? Or do have some way to capture that which I'm not aware of?

We need to be able to pull the PayPal Email Address that is updated on the Products -> Store Settings -> Payments screen.

Yep thats exactly where your members Paypal email goes.

Where do we get that. If we get this part we are good to go.

From your member.

Take care.

• militarymama

We know that Tim:We need to be able to pull the PayPal Email Address that is updated on the Products -> Store Settings -> Payments screen.

We want this:

We need to be able to pull the PayPal Email Address that is updated on the Products -> Store Settings -> Payments screen. We need to be able to check to see that it has be populated.

If it has not been populated, then we need to get the registered user's email for the site and populate the PayPal Email Address with that value for the site.

When they register as a seller. We will have them enter their PayPal e-mail. This will be received as soon as they register as a seller. To sell you must become a prosite member.

If this happens: If it has not been populated, then we need to get the registered user's email for the site and populate the PayPal Email Address with that value for the site. (Where is this located in the code?) What PHP code do I use to retrieve the information so that we can update the information?

• Timothy Bowers

Currently there is no way to change the registration form to make them enter that or to capture that.

They really have to go through the settings page to setup shipping and and paypal along with other settings.

There isn't any default PHP code check and prompt the user as such.

You could open a separate feature request something like:

"Store Live Mode - Store Closed Mode"

When no Paypal address is entered prompt user for email address. If that is the only gateway then close shop

Or something along those lines.

Generally I let my users set it up themselves. If they wish for me to do it I would be charging them a set up fee. Providing "Getting started" guide would help them.

As your original issue is now resolved I'll mark the thread as such.

Thanks.

• militarymama

I believe that my programmer wants to program it to happen- but needs to know how to retrieve the PHP code?

Where exactly is it located?

What PHP code do I use to retrieve the information so that we can update the information?

How do I get to the marketpress paypal e-mail address- what PHP code do I use to retrieve that value? I believe he wants to know where exactly the code is located. (Sorry not technical)

He will make it happen - I hope :slight_smile:

• Timothy Bowers

I believe that my programmer wants to program it to happen- but needs to know how to retrieve the PHP code?

Programming is creating the code, he needs to program it.

He would need to program a field on the signup form and have it processed to input into the appropriate fields.

We don't collect that on signup so we have no code for it.

Either way you need your user to input it.

Thanks.

• Timothy Bowers

It is open source, isn't your programmer able to see this part within the code? He would need more than that to process the input from the signup page. The admin settings for the gateway will normally be processed when the site is already created and logged in with the sites admin account.

He will find all of the chained Payment gateway code within the following file:

/marketpress/marketpress-includes/plugins-gateway/paypal-chained-payments.php

He will probably want to study the code to understand whats happening there before programming something custom.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.