Error when registering new site

When trying to test a solution that was provided to me to not display the Genesis framework upgraded page to users that are not Super Admin I ran into a new problem.

When I try to register a new site with the free trial link at the bottom of the page, after I click the Reserve Your Site button, the username, password & url are not displaying. They used to display so I'm not sure what is causing them not to display.
When I refresh the browser I see that I'm logged in as that new user, but there are no links to get to the dashboard. The only links are to logout & to the user profile (the user profile link takes me back to the registration page)

When I open the network in another browser I can see that the site & user has been created. I can also go to that site in the browser.

I also do not receive a welcome email to that new user, or the email with the username, password, and login url.

Please try registering for a free trial with the link at the bottom of the page so you can see what is happening.

I tried deleting the genesis mu plugin but that does not solve the problem. I have also tried deactivating all plugins that were added after the last time I was able to register a new site successfully & that has not solved the problem.

I have support enabled for this site.

I appreciate your help!
Debbie

Debbie

I just installed the User Activation Keys plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-activation-keys/ to help clean up all the users etc I've created trying to figure this out. I discovered that none of the users created today were activated, although when I tried manually activating one that did not seem to help.
    Wanted to give you that information, although I don't know if that helps.
    Thanks,
    Debbie

Nithin

Hi Debbie,

Hope you are doing good today.

I'm able to confirm this issue in your website, I didn't get any confirmation emails either while signing up to your website. It has more to do with a plugin/theme causing a conflict(it could be network enabled plugins), since it's a live website, I didn't perform a conflict test. And if I'm not mistaken, I could only notice you mention about performing conflict test with plugins added last time.

Could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out any plugins causing any conflict.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could help troubleshoot this issue asap. Have a nice weekend.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Nithin

Hi Debbie,

I gave a quick test in your system, and it still doesn't seem to work. To further troubleshoot, could you please enable debug mode. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue once more. The errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Please share these in your next reply in txt format, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Debbie

Hi Nithin,

Hope you're doing well

Followed your instructions above & the debug.log output is below:

[19-Jun-2016 15:27:55 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()
    instead. in /home/webbwea2/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3718
    [19-Jun-2016 15:27:55 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:27:59 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:27:59 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:49 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:49 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:54 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:54 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:55 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:55 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:57 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:28:57 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:01 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:01 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:03 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:03 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:06 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:06 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:08 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:08 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:12 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:12 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:14 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:14 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:18 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:18 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:20 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:20 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:23 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:23 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:26 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:26 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:39 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:39 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:40 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:40 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:42 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:42 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:43 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:29:43 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:04 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:04 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:10 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:10 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:10 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:10 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:12 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in Contact_form is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()
    [19-Jun-2016 15:30:12 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in AgmMapsWidget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use
    __construct()

Nithin

Hi Debbie,

Unfortunately these error logs, doesn't help much in troubleshooting the issue, could you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Nithin

Hi Debbie,

It seems like, one of your mu-plugins were causing this issue, there is a file named login-redirect.php, code doesn't complete the register process, and tries to redirect the user. If you want't to make use of the file login-redirect.php, you'll have to use the Remove Email Verification plugin along with it.

I have moved the login-redirect.php file into your /wp-content folder, and now your pro site signups seems to work fine.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Debbie

Hi Nithin,

I am doing well & relieved that you solved the problem! I suspected it was something like that: some change that I had made but just wasn't putting two & two together, that I needed an expert such as yourself to find. Thank you!

I am already using the Remove Email Verifcation plugin. So based on what you said the login-redirect.php should have been working.
    Or is it that I can use either the login-redirect.php OR the Remove Email Verification plugin, but not both?

My goal in having the login-redirect.php was to make sure that users get to their dashboard when they login so they'll see the welcome message that helps them get started, especially the first time after they've signed up for a new site.
    I was also trying to avoid them seeing the Genesis framework upgraded page, which would be confusing, especially to newly signed up people. However in this thread Ash provided code for a mu plugin that hides that upgrade notice
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/hide-genesis-framework-upgraded-notice-from-non-super-admin#post-1099412

Although with the Genesis upgraded page now being hidden, there's really no need for me to have a redirect since I want them to see the dashboard & WordPress does that by default.

Thank you again for resolving my self-created problem! I hope you enjoy your day too
    Debbie

Nithin

Hi Debbie,

I am already using the Remove Email Verifcation plugin. So based on what you said the login-redirect.php should have been working.
    Or is it that I can use either the login-redirect.php OR the Remove Email Verification plugin, but not both?

Thanks for pointing that out, it seems like I wasn't able to notice that the plugin was installed. I just tested the login-redirect.php file, along with Remove Email verification plugin in my system. And I wasn't able to replicate the issue what we had. It seems like there is a conflict in your system, when that particular mu-plugin file is enabled.

Please do let me know, if you are considering to make use of that particular code, so that we could troubleshoot it further. Since you did mention that you no longer have to make use of the login redirect code, I guess it's all good now.

Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
    Nithin