Error when registering new user!

Hey guys,
I am using Membership 2 Pro and since today I am encountering the error displayed in the photo you see attached to this post. As I am not very good with finding the solution I did my best by trying to find the plugin which might be causing that error. I did also check the class-wp-user.php file which is supposed to be the cause here, but could'nt find anything.

The error occurs when you register on my subdomain http://move.susanne-gottschall.de/register. For testing purposes you can then use the code "LA76GRA" during checkout to gain free access and the error will occur after you then hit register!

I hope you can help me out with this one, I already tried deactivating all plugins that might interfere as I am using you very own "Html Email Template" and "Ultimate Branding" but unfortunately this didn't do the trick. Support Access is granted btw.

Thanks for you help! Can't wait to get this fixed!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @info4722,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am unable to replicate this issue on my own test site. It can be a theme or plugin conflict on your site.

Please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as described in getting support manual and then check again.

Also, try to disable debugging by setting the WP_DEBUG define to false. Open wp-config.php file find this code:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true );

...and replace it with this one:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false );

This is not a solution but a workaround to hide warning/notices that are meant to be for developers only.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Susanne Gottschall
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Sajid,
    thanks for getting back on me with that. :slight_smile:

I tried deactivating the plugins and even changed DEBUG-Mode to false, but sadly this didn't fix it for me. I'm not sure what could cause this problem but reading some articles about similar problems on Google everybody said it would be the best thing to examine the code specified in the warning.

As I am not so much into coding and do really not want to screw things up I attached the code fragment, which is supposed to cause the issue here once again. I would be very pleased if you could take a look at it!

Thanks a lot in advance!

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Susanne,

I hope you are having a good day :slight_smile:

I just followed your instructions, I am able to replicate the error on your website after you hit register. I replicated using Firefox.

Since you have already tried the plugin/theme conflict test, it looks more like a problem of having a white space in your wp-config.php file, most probably there might be spaces, new lines or an extra line before or after the PHP tags.

Please follow this instruction to troubleshoot the issue.

If you find it difficult to follow these instruction or still have issue, could you please send me your FTP credentials.

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nithin Ramdas"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Susanne,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

My apologies for a late response. I did have this ticket in my mind, and was testing it along these days, but wasn't able to find the root cause of the problem.

I was able to find that the Html Email Template plugin was the reason to cause the error in your website, deactivating the plugin should stop the error from showing up. Unfortunately on further investigation we weren't able to replicate this error in our system, and found this to be particularly limited on your site.

You can either opt in for another plugin to test and see how that runs along with your installation.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-better-emails/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-email-template/

If you still wan't to use the Html Email Template plugin temporarily, you could try re-installing this plugin and see whether that makes any difference, if that don't, you can log the debug messages by adding the following lines in wp-config.php and test how that goes.

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.