error when trying to add a 2nd SFTP user [SOLVED]

Hi,
As I was waiting on the support chat line, I solved it, but still I think it's interesting to give you a feedback.

When I tried to add a 2nd SFTP user to my hosted site, I got 1 error message "Endpoint error" then another error message "Unable to create user, try again" or something similar.

The username was 7 character long, I thought it might be the problem (too short) so I added a few characters and it worked.
However, nowhere it's written to use a username of minimum X (8?) characters, and I just guessed it, the error messages were also not very explicit.

So I thought it's better to let you know, in order for you to mention somewhere that SFTP/SSH usernames must have a minimum number of characters, and also change the error messages.

This is now solved.
Thx
Patricia

• Neel Gajjar
    • Staff

Hello Patricia,
    how are you doing today?

Glad that to hear that issue was solved.

When I tried to add a 2nd SFTP user to my hosted site, I got 1 error message "Endpoint error" then another error message "Unable to create user, try again" or something similar.

It might be a temporary server hiccup while you were creating an FTP user.

I did try to create a new FTP user is having 3 characters, I was able to create it.

So there no as such limitation regarding characters to use.
    Can you please try to create an FTP user once again with less no. of characters. If the issue still persists. I will notify my Server Admin team regarding it.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to reply here if you've any more questions or concerns.

Kind Regards,
    Neel Gajjar

• Neel Gajjar
    • Staff

Hello,

I checked your account. I got the error once. But when I tried again I was able to create few FTP users without any issue.
    Can you please try again once or try with a different browser?
    Please delete those accounts created by me. They were just for testing purpose and for you to check.

If still issue exists I will immediately notify our server admins to further investigate the issue and solve it as soon as possible.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
    Neel Gajjar

Thanks

• Patricia BT
    • Connector

I tried with Firefox and Chromu, on Ubuntu.

Strangely, I could create with 6 letters, but the username bsftemp (7) still didn't work. I also tried bsftemo instead, and it worked. maybe a word that is in a black list? (with temp)??

try bsftemp and tell me, I'm curious now :wink:

• Neel Gajjar
    • Staff

Hello,

We did some testing there is some temporary API glitch while creating FTP users.
    When we check FTP users created under this server bsftemp was created but because of some temporary API glitch, it is not showing it on Hub/Hosting/SFTP/SSH.
    So while again creating the same user it from The Hub / Hosting panel it gives an error.
    We have already alerted the associated sysadmins to look into the issue.

I will update you regarding the same as soon as the issue is solved.

We appreciate your patience on this.

Feel free to reply back to this ticket if you have more issues.

Kind regards,
    Neel Gajjar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.