error when using domain mapping

Im using domain mapping and I get this error at the bottom of the website Im trying to map:

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_6fb6a75fe60471a9657b60b9c8efd7a5, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Any help would be most appreciated.
Regards
Dave

• Timothy Bowers

Both of the errors point to a permissions problem in your set up.

If you are really unfamiliar with your set up and how to manage your hosting it might be worth just asking your host, they should spot the issue straight off and make the applicable changes.

There is a discussion over on WP:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/re-mapping-or-moving-the-location-of-the-tmp-directory

Its a two year old thread but they talk about using another temp direcory witin their control:

katpatuka Said: putenv('TMPDIR='.ini_get('upload_tmp_dir') );
    into the wp-config.php

Let us know how you get on.

• worldweb

Thanks for the response and sorry for the dupe post, its that tempory unavailable page gets me every time lol.

OK I deleted a couple plugins which I thought might be causing the problem and this minute I installed and activated them again to do some testing and lo and behold everything appears to be fine. Fingers crossed!

I have not tried domain mapping another domain but will report back when I do.

Regards
    Dave

PS Tim have WPMUDev not given you a job yet, lol I think you would be a real asset to their company

• Timothy Bowers

Thanks for the response and sorry for the dupe post, its that tempory unavailable page gets me every time lol.

Yeah I get it nearly everytime I post now. lol It got me as well a few times. ha ha

I have not tried domain mapping another domain but will report back when I do.

Sure, keep us up to speed, if you get any issues I'm sure the good people here will be more than happy to help! :slight_smile:

OK I deleted a couple plugins which I thought might be causing the problem and this minute I installed and activated them again to do some testing and lo and behold everything appears to be fine. Fingers crossed!

So it was a conflict rather than an issue with the /tmp/ directory...? It happens :slight_frown:

PS Tim have WPMUDev not given you a job yet, lol I think you would be a real asset to their company

ha ha, Well I'm sure there getting sick of me by now, I can waffle on sometimes and that drives the wife nuts as well.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.